About the Role
- Be part of an organisation that makes a difference
- Take your next career step and provide high quality policy and program advice to support the implementation of assigned government funded programs
The Smith Family is a national, independent children’s charity helping disadvantaged Australians to get the most out of their education, so they can create better futures for themselves
Reporting to the National Manager this pivotal role will support the quality and consistent implementation of government-funded programs that improve outcomes for children and young people. As the Program Manager, Government, you will be responsible for:
- Translating government program guidelines and agreements into internal policy and program guidelines.
- Contribute to the development of Outcome’s frameworks to monitor the impacts and outcomes of programs and projects.
- Sharing with team members trends, information and knowledge about ‘whole of community’ and place-based initiatives.
- Coordinating program financials.
- Engaging and effectively communicating with internal and external stakeholders
It takes a special kind of person to be our Program Manager. Our successful candidate will bring the following:
- Have Tertiary qualifications in Social Policy, Education, Business or related disciplines
- Proven experience as a Program Manager or other managerial position with excellent knowledge of program monitoring and change management.
- Demonstrated capability in facilitating complex place based work, including building local capability and connecting to broader policy and systems levers.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Research>Policy>Practice framework and Outcomes Based Accountability
- Good financial management experience (budgeting and profit and loss monitoring)
- Very good problem solving and conceptual skills including responding effectively and appropriately to issues as they arise
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team whilst also demonstrating leadership and setting direction when required and a demonstrated capacity to work independently
Living up to our employment promise, our team members tell us that working for The Smith Family they have great job flexibility and the ability to work alongside committed, passionate and professional team members whilst engaging in challenging, fulfilling and diverse work. In turn, our team members believe that they offer commitment to our vision, mission and values and effective collaboration with fellow team members to delivery strong performance outcomes.
About the Organisation
The Smith Family is a national, independent children’s charity helping disadvantaged Australians to get the most out of their education, so they can create better futures for themselves.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 0408422932
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Program Manager, Government via Pro Bono Australia.