About the Role
The Project Manager will work across projects teams within the FYA Research, Policy and Insights team to lead and manage the demonstration and testing of new projects to ensure timely and efficient delivery to ensure the success of programs.
Central to the role is supporting the codifying of systems and process within the team and acting as subject matter expert to embed research thinking when existing FYA programs and products pivot or refresh.
Your key responsibilities will include project management, design and evaluation, facilitation and public engagement on the research and codifying tools and processes for application across the team.
The role will require working and developing relationships with multiple stakeholders including young people, schools, youth organisations, partners, communities and the broader FYA team, to design and implement strategies. You will also be required to assist with the capacity building of the broader FYA team in demonstrating and testing.
Sound like you… Read on!
Some of the key tasks and responsibilities:
- Utilise FYA research to design, deliver and evaluate programs, projects and events end to end
- Support the creation and codifying of systems, tools and processes for Applied Research at FYA
- Provide support across FYA to use design, delivery, monitoring and evaluation tools to inform program development
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders, including young people and key organisations, to design, deliver and evaluate programs, projects and events.
- Manage contractors, freelancers and consultants as required
- Facilitate workshops for young people, partners, stakeholders and teachers
- Engage guest facilitators/role models/inspiration speakers as appropriate
- Support the writing of proposals for new partnerships that increase revenue in line with FYA’s strategic goals
- Relevant work experience in designing, delivering and evaluating programs for young people, education and/or social change or a relevant tertiary qualification (highly desirable, for example from the fields of education, the creative industries/arts, social sciences, business, project management, law).
- Strong relationship building and stakeholder management
- Extensive experience in project management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong time management skills with proven ability to manage several projects at once, to prioritise work and to work under pressure to meet tight timeframes.
- Strong personal presence, confidence and self-assurance, along with relationship management skills and the ability to engage, influence and negotiate will be required for this role.
Don’t wait….apply now to be part of changing the future
Now you know all about us, we want to know all about you!
About the Organisation
FYA is Australia's only national for-purpose organisation dedicated to backing the next generation of young people who are going to rethink the world and create a better future.
We work with young people from all over Australia aged 12-29 years, building Australia's largest community of young changemakers - the innovators, the makers, the dreamers, the thinkers, the doers and the creators. Working with partners across industry, government, education and the community sector to create and back young people and transform the way young people are engaged.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Project Manager Applied Research via Pro Bono Australia.