About the Role
- Leading Peak body in expanding family welfare sector
- Transitional role utilising your Team Leader skills
- Critical project to improve industry training standards, 12 month initial contract
You will be working closely with key stakeholders in the child and family services sector, the Department (DHHS) and TAFE to facilitate the process of upskilling residential care workers and preparing for the expansion of upskilling to disability service providers.
Ideally you are from the out of home care environment with management or training experience and have exceptional engagement and interpersonal skills. You will be comfortable working autonomously and be able prioritise around deadlines and manage stakeholder expectations.
You will have the following skills and experience:
- Experience in a similar role or managing a residential care team
- An understanding of the (OOHC) residential care sector
- An understanding of Victoria’s child and family services sector
- Knowledge of VET and TAFE and accredited training certificates
- Experience in project management
- Ability to work independently and contribute as a team member
- Strong critical thinking, stakeholder management skills and problem-solving skills.
Benefits & Culture
- Salary packaging available
- Laptop and mobile phone provided
- Training and development opportunities
About the Organisation
The Centre for Excellence in Child and Family Welfare (The Centre) is the peak body for children, youth and families in Victoria representing over 150 community service organisations, students and individuals throughout Victoria. The Centre works across services from prevention and early intervention to the provision of out-of-home care and advocates for children and young people to be heard, to be safe and to access education.
Apply for this Job
If you would like to use your sector knowledge and skills to contribute to better outcomes for young people in residential care through strengthening the skills and knowledge of residential care workers, please forward your application in MS Word format including your resume, a covering letter and responses to the skills required, quoting reference #34371 or contact Anna Skeels on (03) 8319 4070. Please note that there is no formal closing date for this role. Early applications are encouraged and suitable candidates may be shortlisted for interview as applications are received.
Please quote in application: Project officer – residential care (out-of-home care) via Pro Bono Australia.