About the Role
- Progress your career in Risk and Quality, training offered
- A hands on autonomous role promoting a culture of continuous quality development
- Full time or part time (0.8) role based in Cranbourne
Reporting to the General Manager of Corporate Services and being a critical ‘go to’ point for General Manager Clinical Services, you will be supported to ensure the organisation operates in accordance with applicable standards and complies with regulatory and accreditation requirements.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Supporting management to appropriately identify, assess and manage all compliance and risk
- Maintain the risk register in accordance with the Risk Framework, statutory legislation and standards
- Assist management in providing quality and safety advice and training to staff ensuring a positive risk culture
- Work to the overall strategy to review, report and continuously improve services and programs
- Ensure ongoing compliance monitoring with South East Palliative Care policies and frameworks including incident reporting
- Coordinate all activities relating to ongoing achievement of ACHS Accreditation
This role would suit someone that worked within the quality and risk environment and potentially has been working in a clinical environment. You are looking for a career opportunity where you will be supported in your learning and you are ready to move into a role that offers more autonomy and responsibilities. Someone who is comfortable with being a quality advocate within the organisation and managing stakeholders at all levels.
You can demonstrate;
- Previous experience in quality and risk
- Exposure to relevant standards and legislation, including: ISO 9001:2008 Quality Assurance Management Systems, ISO 31000:2009 Risk Management, Work Health Safety Act 2011, Community Care Common Standards
- Experience and knowledge of ACHS accreditation and quality reviews
- Familiarity in maintaining quality & safety systems, processes and practices
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills including report writing and presentations
- Competency with Microsoft Office Suite and experience using risk software
About the Organisation
Palliative Care South East provides free specialist palliative care services to people of all ages living at home with a life limiting illness in the south east metropolitan region of Melbourne.
Dedicated to improving the quality of life of individuals, Palliative Care South East employ a multidisciplinary team of health professionals and volunteers who provide home care and support to people, families and carers faced with life-limiting illness.
The Palliative Care South East story began in 1984 in response to a need identified by families in the Dandenong area, prior this time there were no community palliative care services in the area. Since its inception, Palliative Care South East has, and continues to commit to expanding services and meeting the community’s needs.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Quality, Safety and Risk Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.