About the Role
• Play an integral role in advancing Swinburne’s strategic goals
• HEW 9, $111,602 – $118, 196 + 17% Super
• 3 years fixed term contract, Hawthorn Campus
About the job
An exciting and challenging opportunity has arisen to join our Advancement division in the newly created role of Senior Manager, Events Strategy. The primary focus of this role will be to strategise and maximize the benefits of University events to advance Swinburne University’s strategic goals.
The Senior Manager will work pro-actively with staff across the University to advise on the conduct of distinctive signature events to leverage major achievements, key milestones, innovations and research which showcase the University’s strategic priorities.
In addition to this, the role will provide exceptional leadership to build capability and foster an environment of lateral and creative thinking within the team to deliver inspirational, seamless events of a consistently high quality.
• Providing strategic support and advice to senior management and staff across SUT to create and maximise the impact of significant university events and activities
• Collaborating with key internal stakeholders to develop compelling communications strategies across multiple channels to promote major events
• Establishing and fostering key relationships with internal stakeholders responsible for communications, digital delivery and marketing activities to better leverage and raise the profile of alumni and development event activities across the University
• Interacting with Directors within Advancement and the wider SUT community, to identify alumni, potential donors and stakeholders who may represent development opportunities and advise on engagement strategies through events and activities
You will have:
• A postgraduate qualification in marketing and/or event management degree with subsequent relevant event experience; or extensive experience and specialist expertise or broad knowledge in event management; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training
• Demonstrated extensive experience in the conception and delivery of innovative, high quality events within designated budgets, including managing suppliers, allocating resources and the recruitment and management of volunteers
• Excellent organisational and project management skills, including planning, scheduling, prioritising (with conflicting deadlines and limited resources) event management and reporting
A full list of the selection criteria is available within the position description
As a Swinburne staff member you will have access to many benefits such as career development opportunities including 50% study reduction and staff and management development programs. You will receive up to 17% employer contributions (pension) and various discounts on annual Myki cards, private health insurance and movie tickets. We also recognise the need to support the work/life balance and flexible needs of our staff. As such a range of flexible working arrangements including paid maternity/partner leave, onsite childcare, working from home and part time options are available.
To find out more about the extensive benefits offered to Swinburne employees please visit:
About the Organisation
Swinburne is a progressive university that aims to increase Australia’s capacity in science, technology and innovation as the drivers of modern, internationalised economies and workplaces. Our university is focused on high-impact global research, high-quality teaching and active engagement with both industry and the community.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : +61392143777
Email : email@example.com
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Senior Manager, Events Strategy via Pro Bono Australia.