About the Role
About the Organisation
For over 50 years WWF has been a leading voice for nature. We are the world’s largest conservation organisation, working in 100 countries and with over 5 million supporters. WWF-Australia is the 7th largest member of the WWF Network. This year WWF-Australia celebrates its 40th birthday. We work with governments, businesses and communities on environmental issues with a single mission: to build a world where people and nature thrive.
- Join the world’s most respected conservation organisation
- Sydney pref. other locations negot.
- Full time 3 year contract
WWF-Australia, the global conservation organisation, is seeking an outstanding senior philanthropy manager to develop opportunities already identified for transformational growth. The Senior Manager Philanthropy will lead a highly skilled and dedicated team responsible for significant philanthropic relationships with donors who seek to stop the degradation of the planet’s natural environment and to build a future in which humans live sustainably in balance with nature.
About the role
This is a newly created senior position as part of a growth strategy for Philanthropy at WWF-Australia. The position has been created to develop opportunities already identified across three programs: Bequests, Conservation Partners, and Stewardship, whilst managing a portfolio of major donors. Working within a committed mission-driven culture, this is an exciting opportunity for someone ready to lead transformational program growth, who is deeply committed to managing highly skilled staff as well as relationships with passionate donors.
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Strong strategic and managerial experience in fundraising and philanthropic giving, with particular expertise in Bequests, Direct Mail and Major Gifts.
- Experience developing income raising strategies and a track record of delivery against income targets.
- Business planning, project management, research, analysis and reporting skills.
- A commitment to ethical standards of behaviour and ability to exercise good judgement and discretion.
- High-level written and verbal skills with experience in writing and presenting proposals to groups.
- High level interpersonal, influencing, negotiation and networking skills and experience in building value-add relationships with a diverse range of people.
- People management experience and a track record creating constructive team cultures.
Ideally, you will have an interest in environmental conservation and sustainable development
WWF values diversity and is building a workforce that reflects the community we serve. WWF is an equal opportunity employer and Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally & linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 02-82286886
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Senior Manager Philanthropy via Pro Bono Australia.