About the Role
The purpose of the Senior Project Officer position is to develop, implement and review a set of comprehensive projects and to ensure a high standard of project deliverables is achieved for the nominated project/activities.
This role is required to be flexible and responsive to the changing requirements of OPAN. It will include the coordination of multiple projects, activities and responsibilities, as delegated by the CEO.
This newly established position will be responsible for supporting the CEO to manage the OPAN Program of Works, which consists of 15 initiatives delivered nationally in partnership with its nine state and territory delivery organisations.
The central projects are about creating national consistency, quality reporting and outcomes across all nine organisations.
The Senior Project Officer reports to and works closely with the CEO, and maintains a collaborative and productive working relationship with all staff within OPAN.
Key Position Duties
Project Management and Coordination – Initiates and plans development of initial and ongoing complex project planning processes within the organisational framework and workplace systems to ensure objectives of the project are met.
Builds a team – Responsible for delegating and overseeing project task/s for relevant project team members who are likely to work for one of OPAN’s member organisations.
Provides advice and support to project team members in undertaking tasks to facilitate effective project management and implementation.
Stakeholder engagement – Provides a high level of communication to key stakeholders on project accountabilities, goals and progress.
Coordinates projects – Exercises managerial control of daily project tasks.Conducts quality planning of activities to ensure projects tasks and deliverables are in line with project plan.
Risk management – Conducts initial and ongoing risk management assessments and implements risk minimisation strategies where required.
Workplace health & safety – Ensures workplace health and safety requirements are upheld within the parameters of the project.
Monitors and evaluates projects –Implements ongoing project monitoring and evaluation to identify, resolve and escalate issues impacting upon project completion.
Budget Awareness – Maintains awareness and consideration of costs and efficiency when using resources to deliver the project to ensure expenses are within budget.
Outcome delivery – Ensures project deliverables are met. Reporting – Prepares a range of project related documents for key stakeholders as required, including status updates, reports, budgets and discussion papers.
Salary SCHCADS Award – Level 5
Contract position till June 2020, with possibility of extension if NACAP contract renewed.
Benefits and perks
OPAN is a PBI charity, so fringe benefit salary packaging is available. The office is located inside the NSW member organisation, Seniors Rights Service, very close to Central Station. Some interstate travel will be needed. Report directly to the CEO.
For more information or to ask questions, please call CEO, Lewis Kaplan on 0407 108 667
About the Organisation
Older Persons Advocacy Network (OPAN) delivers the National Aged Care Advocacy Program (NACAP) on behalf of the Commonwealth Government.
Its members are nine service delivery organisations, one in each state and territory (two in NT). OPAN was established in 2017 to administer the NACAP.
In addition to the service delivery organisations running information, education and individual advocacy services for aged care consumers, OPAN has carriage of the implementation of a number of national innovation projects.
OPAN operates a small national Secretariat.
OPAN is an important and independent advocacy voice for older people who are consumers or prospective consumers of the Australian Aged Care system.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 0407108667
Email : email@example.com
Please send cover letter addressing selection criteria with resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Skills and experience (SUMMARY + SELECTION CRITERIA)
PLEASE ENSURE YOU ADDRESS THE KEY SELECTION CRITERIA BELOW IN YOUR APPLICATION
- Demonstrates knowledge & understanding of project management concepts & processes
- Identifies opportunities for improvement
- Demonstrates high level communication skills
Teamwork and Communication
- Demonstrates the ability to work positively, negotiate and communicate effectively within a team environment to achieve deliverables
- Maintains and initiates regular and professional communication on progress of project with CEO, management and other work colleagues from OPAN member organisations
- Actively leads and/or participates in meetings with team, external stakeholders & services
- Communicates complex concepts and/or difficult issues with diplomacy
Administration and Documentation
- Application of high level knowledge in MS Office/project software & database programs to perform required duties (we use WRIKE)
- Ensures all documentation is accurate & completed in a professional & timely manner including project records & data in relevant information systems
- Prepares project briefs with recommendations on complex issues which are clear, exhaustive & provide strong support for a preferred position or action
Personal and Professional Development
- Demonstrates knowledge of the organisation’s policies & procedures & a commitment to keep updated on emerging changes
Key Selection Criteria – MUST be addressed
- Demonstrated experience and/or suitable qualifications in project management & the management of complex activities
- Demonstrated highly developed analytical & application skills in the area of project processes & delivery
- Demonstrated skills in team work, negotiation & change management
- High level organisational skills with ability to prioritise tasks across multiple projects to meet strict & competing deadlines
- Experience with and/or comprehensive understanding of the aged care sector and advocacy services
- High level computer skills in MS Office
- High level written, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Proven commitment to continuous quality improvement & to maintaining quality outputs
- Demonstrated experience in supervising a devolved team within a project
- Experience working within a not for profit organisation
- Knowledge & ability to access & understand Federal and State Government ageing policies
National criminal history certificate.
Travel to other capital cities may be required (on occasions overnight).
Please quote in application: Senior Project Officer via Pro Bono Australia.