About the role
We now have an opportunity for a motivated and experienced Social Planner to strategically plan and deliver social planning and capacity building initiatives that align with the council’s overall future objectives. Key responsibilities of this position will be:
• To undertake social research and analysis and identify social trends and community needs
• Provide expert social planning advice and recommendations to support the planning and development of the City
• Provide expert advice on social infrastructure and community development in Greenfield estates and redevelopment of existing urban areas
• To develop, collect and report on an appropriate set of social outcomes and community wellbeing measures
The successful candidate will display the following key skills and attributes:
• Relevant tertiary qualifications in social planning, social and behavioural sciences, public policy, town planning
• Knowledge and demonstrated expertise in social planning principles and practices
• Excellent written communication skills along with strong ability to influence others
• Proven experience in social research and planning, policy development, monitoring government policy, analysing data, project managing and implementing social infrastructure initiatives
• Experience and knowledge of social infrastructure planning, funding models and developer contributions
In return you will join a dynamic and friendly team environment where no two days are the same. You will also benefit from:
• Permanent full-time, 35 hours per week. Consideration would be given for part-time hours for the right applicant.
• Salary from $1582.30 per week (FTE) plus 9.5% superannuation
• Flexi time
• Generous leave provisions
• Generous professional development opportunities
• Weekly pay
• Free onsite parking
For further information please contact Anne Mithieux – Coordinator Social Planning and Partnerships at email@example.com.
Friday 22 June 2018
Sound like you? Apply now.
About the organisation
Campbelltown City Council is a progressive and innovative organisation in a City surrounded by green spaces and bushland, providing services to a vibrant and diverse community. Campbelltown is within close proximity to public transport and regional areas such as the Illawarra and Southern Highlands. We have a cohesive and collaborative culture that thrives on having an impact on the local community for the greater good. Already home to a large population, the City is preparing for significant growth, expecting to double the population in the next 20 years.
The Community Life Section of Council is focused on strengthening the conditions for community wellbeing through planning for, building on and celebrating the strengths, assets and opportunities of the people and places of Campbelltown. We comprise a Social Planning and Partnerships Team, a Place and Projects Team, and a Community Events and Activation Team.
Social Planning is an integral part of the work of Community Life by ensuring that the community and its needs and aspirations are well understood, and that planning, city development and service delivery effectively contribute to strong social and cultural outcomes.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Social Planner (Full Time or Part Time Opportunity) via Pro Bono Australia.