About the Role
We are seeking Specialist Family Violence Advocates to join our Case Management team on a fixed term, full time basis (38 hours per week) until 30th June 2019. The Case Management team provides medium term support to women and their children responding to family violence through developing individual case plans, making referrals to and liaising with other support services, advocating for and empowering women to make informed decisions about their life and future and those of their children.
About the Opportunity
As a Specialist Family Advocate you will address gender and power issues underlying domestic violence on both personal and social levels including accountability of perpetrators, provide high quality risk assessment and safety planning with women and children and ensure accurate and confidential client case notes/records and data collection. In partnership with the woman you will identify, assess, develop and implement effective interventions and referrals for them and where relevant their families. This position will also be required to participate on a regular basis in the After Hours Program roster from 11.54am to 8pm.
Essential to your success
• Tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Diploma of Community Services or equivalent will be considered
• Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to the principles and practices of a specialist family violence service including feminist theory and enabling women to make informed choices
• Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills to and proven ability to work both independently and within a team environment
• Demonstrated ability to establish effective working relationships with clients and a range of stakeholders/service providers
• Capacity to provide a high quality family violence service inclusive of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Women, children, young women, CALD clients, women with a disability and women who identify as LGBTIQ clients
• Capacity to self-manage and prioritise workload
What We Offer
• Flexible working hours including the option of monthly accrued day off (ADO) for full time staff
• Generous salary packaging benefits resulting in tax savings
• A rewarding opportunity to be part of an organisation that is committed to improving the quality of life for women and children responding to family violence
EDVOS hours of operation are Monday to Friday from 9am until 8pm and Saturday from 9am until 5pm. These positions would be expected to be available to work on a rotating roster across those hours of operation.
Salary for these positions will be aligned with SCHADS Level 5 + 9.5% super.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Job
Appointments with EDVOS are subject to a police records check, working with children check and reference checks. EDVOS employ women only to most of our positions as per the findings of EEO exemption H327/2017 and by special measure. EDVOS values diversity in our workforce, actively promoting equal employment opportunities for all women. We encourage applications from women of all abilities and women from diverse backgrounds. EDVOS is a child-focussed and child safe organisation.
Please quote in application: Specialist Family Violence Advocates – Case Management via Pro Bono Australia.