About the Role
- Full time, fixed term until 30 June 2019 opportunity based in Gippsland (Warragul/Wonthaggi)
- Be part of a large, recognised provider of mental health and disability services in Australia
- Excellent training and development programs
- Generous salary packaging benefits available
About this opportunity
The Partners in Recovery (PIR) Program provides service coordination to a target group of people who live in the Inner East of Melbourne and experience serious mental illness; have complex needs and require coordinated support from multiple services.
The role of Support Facilitator is an opportunity to support the recovery of people living with a mental illness by assisting them to build a strong network of natural, community and service supports.
As we move toward the NDIS, the Support Facilitator will also play a key role in supporting clients to access NDIS supports, as well as providing PIR services to NDIS participants during the transition phase.
Support Facilitators are given a high level of autonomy within a supportive team. Significant opportunities for training, professional development, networking and career progress are available.
As the ideal candidate you will possess the following:
- A tertiary qualification (minimum Certificate 4) in Occupational Therapy, Social Work, Nursing, Psychology or other health related field
- Experience in the needs identification, action planning and coordination of services with clients, including participation within effective multidisciplinary care teams
- Ability to provide culturally competent services appropriate to those from diverse backgrounds, including people from CALD and Indigenous backgrounds
- Demonstrated experience/knowledge in working with people with mental health issues and their carers to build strong, long lasting partnerships in the community
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Current Driver’s Licence and the ability to undertake regular travel
- Satisfactory Police Records Check and Working with Children Check, prior to commencement
Wellways Partners in Recovery actively encourages those with a lived experience of mental illness and recovery (as a consumer or carer) to apply for this position.
About the Organisation
Wellways Australia is a leading not-for-profit organisation dedicated to ensuring all Australians lead active and fulfilling lives in their community. We work with individuals, families and the community to
help them imagine and achieve better lives. We advocate for change to make sure people can access the best possible care and information when they need it. We provide a wide range of services and assistance for people with mental health issues, disabilities, youth and older Australians and those requiring community care.
Apply for this Job
To apply and to download a copy of the position description please visit our Careers page (wellways.org/careers-wellways). Key Selection Criteria is not compulsory however we require a cover letter which outlines your suitability based on key areas of the role.
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Heidi Gratton - Coordinator, Partners in Recovery on 0428 769 183.
Applications close Tuesday, 22 June 2018, close of business
Wellways Australia Limited is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people.
All applicants applying for roles within Wellways must undergo a screening process prior to their successful appointment.
Please quote in application: Support Facilitator – Partners in Recovery via Pro Bono Australia.