About the Role
CALLING ALL LEADERS !!!!
People with passion have the ability to cause a stir, get our hearts beating, and spark a light in us all to make a huge difference and impact on our lives & others. They leave their mark in the most impressionable way , and their dedication, drive and energy for the cause brings others along to do the same, and strive for amazing team outcomes!
In the working environment we need passionate and dedicated employees & leaders who are driven to make a difference !! It is paramount to have a team of passionate people who thrive on leaving their mark. We are searching for those special stars that just shine that special light to be the great advocates on behalf of Aboriginal children & families.
An exciting new opportunity for a Dynamic Team Leader – (Nugel Program) based in our Northern VACCA Office has arisen.
This position will play a key leadership role in working with Aboriginal children and families, Government and sector partners to reduce the over representation of Aboriginal children in care, strive for better outcomes for children and to build capacity in families so that children can be transitioned home.
The position will also actively contribute to the development of internal and state – wide policies, procedures and protocols relating to the Nugel Program.
If you believe in this cause, then show your leadership skills and lead our team to victorious results !
Key Selection Criteria
- Sound knowledge and understanding of
- Aboriginal history, values, practices and culture
- Child development, attachment and trauma as they relate to Aboriginal children
- Demonstrated ability to use this knowledge to guide practice with Aboriginal children, families and carers
- Sound knowledge of the legislation, policy and practice requirements relating to Aboriginal children, families and communities
- Ability to supervise and support staff
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Willingness to embrace change and support staff in the change management process
- Demonstrated ability to undertake complex casework with children in out of home care who have experienced trauma and may present with challenging behaviours, including using culturally safe therapeutic approaches to heal and build resilience
- Demonstrated ability to complete and review assessments (including risk assessments)
- Demonstrated ability to develop, implement and review plans for children and young people
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and negotiate with Aboriginal children, families, carers and other service providers to achieve outcomes
- Ability to monitor continuous quality improvement and report on compliance with standards
- High level written and computer skills with the ability to prepare and review reports (including court reports) and maintain client records to a high standard
- Ability to work flexible hours and participate in an on call roster
Mandatory – Minimum 3 Years experience working in the child, youth and families sector
Minimum – Diploma of Community Services
About the Organisation
The Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) operates within the context that Aboriginal children continue to be significantly over-represented in the protection and care system within Victoria. VACCA considers that it has the responsibility and the opportunity to promote, advocate for and achieve positive changes in the lives of Aboriginal children, their families and the broader Aboriginal community.
VACCA's objectives include the preservation, strengthening and protection of the cultural and spiritual identity of Aboriginal children and to provide culturally appropriate and quality services which are responsive to the needs of the Aboriginal community.
As a state wide community based Aboriginal organisation VACCA has extensive experience in the management and delivery of a range of community services programs to the Aboriginal community with a particular focus on services to vulnerable children families and community members.
VACCA programs include: cultural strengthening activities, Family Services, including intensive services, , Early Intervention services Aboriginal Family Decision Making, Family Violence services, the full suite of Out of Home Care services Koori Cultural Support Programs, family mental health, men's programs, educational support programs, justice diversionary programs, youth programs, as well as Homelessness services. VACCA provides community cultural strengthening programs as well as Koorie Connect, a case referral service, services to Stolen Generation members through Link Up and the Royal commission into Institutional Sexual Abuse service. VACCA also has the Aboriginal Child and Specialist Advice and Support Service (ACSASS) which provides cultural advice to child protection staff and Aboriginal children and families involved in child protection matters.
As the lead state-wide child and family agency, VACCA provides services in all regions and is a key point of policy advice for the Department of Human Services (DHS) on Aboriginal community wellbeing especially in child and family welfare matters.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Team Leader – Nugel Program via Pro Bono Australia.