About the Role
The Invasive Species Council (ISC) is seeking a suitably skilled individual to join its board as the Treasurer.
ISC is an environmental organisation founded in 2002 to deliver specialist policy, projects and advocacy to reduce the threat of invasive species. With invasive species consistently ranked as one of the top three threats to biodiversity and the major cause of extinctions of Australian animals, ISC is the leading environmental organisation in Australia with a strong focus in this area. For more information on ISC please visit https://invasives.org.au/what-we-do/.
The ISC board meets five or six times a year, usually on weeknights in Fairfield, Melbourne (members can attend by teleconference).
Key duties of the Treasurer include:
- Keeping the Board informed as needed of the organisation’s financial position
- Ensuring ISC’s financial records are ready for the annual audit and that financial statements are prepared for audit
- Preparing and presenting the Treasurers’ Report and audited financial statements to the Annual General Meeting
- Occasionally liaising with ISC’s CEO and book-keeper about governance and oversight for day-to-day financial management
We’re looking for someone with:
- A background in accounting or financial management (CPA qualifications would be an desirable but not essential)
- An understanding of charities and not-for-proft organisations, ideally within the environment sector
- Capacity to undertake one to six hours of work per month (depending on point within the financial year and budget cycle)
This is an unpaid position.
We are keen to identify a successful candidate by the end of August with a view to joining the ISC Board in September 2018.
About the Organisation
The Invasive Species Council was formed in 2002 to seek stronger laws, policies and programs to keep Australian biodiversity safe from weeds, feral animals and other invaders. Our focus is on prevention and early action.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Stuart Reeh, President
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Treasurer (voluntary) via Pro Bono Australia.