About the Role
- Based in Ashfield – close to public transport
- Part time opportunity 4 days per week
- Salary packaging options
The Volunteer Program Trainer will design, coordinate and deliver SSI’s training and development program for volunteers, students on placement, unpaid interns and their leaders. The trainer role will be responsible for reviewing and redesigning the current program to meet the current and future needs of our unpaid workforce, our clients and the organisation. Duties and responsibilities also include:
- Deliver internal training sessions for volunteers, students and interns; induction, including child wellbeing and mandatory reporting, trauma informed service delivery, culturally responsive practice.
- Coordinate externally delivered training opportunities for SSI volunteers, students and interns
- Design and develop training for leaders in good practice in volunteer, student and intern management
- Deliver training to volunteers and leaders through the roll out of the organisation’s volunteer information management system
- Relevant tertiary qualification or industry experience
- Experience in the review, design and delivery of training and development programs
- Experience in delivering training, workshops and information sessions to individuals and groups
- Demonstrated high level facilitation skills in a culturally diverse context
- Excellent attention to detail and a focus on continuous quality improvement
- Experience working with volunteer information management systems / or similar
Please respond to the “Selection Criteria” section in your cover letter.
WHAT WE OFFER
We offer the opportunity to engage in meaningful work that makes a real difference to the lives of our clients, their families, carers, and communities.
We have a fantastic benefits package that promotes work/life balance; something we are very passionate about! This includes flexible working arrangements and generous salary packaging options so you can increase your take home pay!
SSI is passionate about social justice and diversity and is committed to being an EEO employer. We embrace diversity in our workforce and encourage applications from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, including those from Aboriginal, Torres Strait Island heritage and people with lived experience of disability.
We strongly believe in protecting the safety and wellbeing of children and vulnerable communities and take child protection very seriously. All employees will undergo a National Police Clearance and a Working with Children Check as a condition of employment.
SSI will provide reasonable adjustments in our recruitment processes and in the workplace. If you require a reasonable adjustment please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close date: Friday 6 July 2018
About the Organisation
Settlement Services International (SSI) is a leading community-based not-for-profit organisation providing a range of services in the areas of refugee settlement, asylum seeker assistance, housing, multicultural foster care, disability support and employment services in NSW. Our vision is to achieve a society that values the diversity of its people and actively provides support to ensure meaningful social and economic participation and to assist individuals and families reach their potential.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Volunteer Program Trainer via Pro Bono Australia.