About the Role
- Full time + ADO
- Fixed term 01/08/2018 – 30/06/2019
- Based at our Braybrook Better Health Teams
- Not for Profit “Salary Sacrificing” benefits on top of your salary
We pride ourselves on being a great place to work. You care for our clients and we care for you, including by investing in your development and wellbeing. You will have access to leading specialists and training, plus development that supports you in your role and in your longer term career journey. We offer a variety of career pathway options, leading salary packaging benefits and flexible working arrangements, that can help you to manage your work life balance.
This Allied Health Assistant position is unique, required to works in close collaboration with our Occupational Therapists. Predominantly to respond to our current strong and sustained demand for the Occupational Therapist service, and to improve their efficiency. The role varies and may involve service delivery over many sites and/or on outreach. However, it may also change, depending on the needs of our clients and community.
As our Allied Health Assistant, your responsibilities will include to:
- Monitor and modify clients’ individual treatment programs in consultation with allied health professional;
- Facilitate exercise groups, in conjunction with allied health professional
- Maintain a good up-to-date knowledge of local services / resources relevant to the needs of clients;
- Liaise with equipment suppliers with regards to cost, ordering and availability of equipment and resources
- Deliver aids and equipment, as well as advise and instruct clients on the use of them; and
- Involvement in the development, implementation and monitoring of any quality improvement systems.
To be successful in this role you have the following:
- Completion of a Certificate IV Allied Health Assistant, or other relevant qualification;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within across a multi-disciplinary team;
- Experience in community based service provision particularly in working with older persons, young people with disabilities and their carers and low income and marginalised communities;
- Demonstrated understanding and commitment to the principles of community health and chronic disease management;
- Integrity, reliability and open honest communication; and
- Demonstrated experience assisting in developing, implementing and evaluating preventative and community education / health promotion programs.
Are you ready to embrace a role with plenty of variety, for an organisation who is going from strength to strength? Then here is your chance – APPLY TODAY
About the Organisation
For more information about cohealth and the services provided, please visit our website: www.cohealth.org.au
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Allied health Assistant via Pro Bono Australia.