About the Role
This is a full time employed position based in New South Wales.
As a leading provider of human services certification in Victoria, Queensland, Northern Territory, New South Wales and in other States, HDAA is seeking an exceptional New South Wales-based individual to provide client centred, strengths-based assessment services across a range of human services schemes with a focus on the NDIS Quality and Safeguarding Framework and ISO 9001:2015 (Quality Management Systems).
Successful applicants will be supported to develop the skills, knowledge and competence required to function as an Assessor according to AS/NZS ISO 19011: – Guidelines for quality and/or environmental management systems auditing and meet the high standards of professionalism expected of HDAA Assessors.
While predominantly New South Wales-based, the role will involve some travel out-of-state and overnight stays.
This is an exciting career opportunity for the right person. You will:
- Be fully supported to develop a high level of skill and competence in relation to assessing safety and quality in human service organisations.
- Once deemed competent, function as an assessor or member of assessment teams.
- Travel (state-wide and occasionally interstate) on a regular basis to client organisations to provide on-site assessments.
- Transition smoothly from on-site assessments to office-based desk top assessments and administration as peaks in workflow require.
- Meet agreed targets of productivity, participate in the continual improvement of HDAA’s assessment processes, and maintain a high level of client satisfaction.
- Represent and advance the excellent reputation of HDAA Australia Pty Ltd.
You must have the following attributes:
- A strong motivation to learn and an unwavering commitment to continuous professional development;
- A belief in your ability to accomplish what you set out to do and to deal with the challenges of the role;
- A belief that what you achieve will primarily be a result of your own behaviour and actions;
- A belief in your inherent competency and ability to cope with the physical and intellectual demands of the role;
- An optimistic and resilient disposition that can look beyond minor setbacks, difficulties, and other challenges.
You also need to have worked in the human services sector and be able to demonstrate empathy for people who access human services.
You must have a range of key skills and experience including:
- Experience in the human services sector; e.g., disability, health, child and family welfare, housing, home and community services.
- A willingness to complete training and achieve the qualifications HDAA deems necessary, within the timeframes we set.
- Highly competent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated written communication skills.
- A demonstrated ability to work as part of a team.
- The ability to adapt to new digital technology and ongoing change.
- The ability to type with working fluency in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
- The ability to travel state-wide in New South Wales (and interstate) on a regular basis (this includes overnight stays).
- Current driver’s license.
- Working with Children check or ability to be issued.
About the Organisation
HDAA is a people focused organisation that supports the improvement of human services and healthcare organisations. We are committed to better, helping our clients make advancements in service delivery and organisational resilience. We do this by conducting assessments to standards and providing reports to organisations and governments that aim to strengthen and support organisational effectiveness.
Our values are represented by our staff who:
- CARE ─ with dedication and enthusiasm for what we do.
- COLLABORATE ─ always listening and working constructively with others.
- BELIEVE IN PEOPLE ─ enabling and supporting people to do great work.
- INNOVATE ─ constantly evolving the way we work to be better.
- TAKE RESPONSIBILITY ─ producing quality work and delivering our best service every time.
- THINK ABOUT THE END RESULT ─ helping organisations achieve better outcomes for service users and stakeholders.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Janet Davidson McGown, Director Assessor Performance, or Suzanne Le Huray, General Manager
Phone : 07 3491 6878
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Assessor – Human Services – New South Wales via Pro Bono Australia.