About the Role
- Morwell Office
- Part time 0.8 FTE (30.4 hrs), 12 month contract
The Better Futures Youth Worker will act as the key worker, being the main contact for the entire period of leaving care support, taking on case management support when the young person leaves care.
The roles will include:
- A strong focus on achieving outcomes: economic, personal, social and housing.
- Developing and implementing a detailed plan including assigning a flexible support package based on the plan.
- Provide life and living skills development for the client group
To be considered for this role you must demonstrate:
- Awareness and appreciation of Aboriginal communities and culture and an understanding of the issues affecting Aboriginal people in contemporary Australia
- A sound understanding of Aboriginal culture, values, protocols, inter-generational factors and complex kinship systems, as well as the issues facing vulnerable Aboriginal people today.
- A knowledge and understanding of issues surrounding Youth, homelessness, adolescent out-of-home care, the Child Protection and Youth Justice systems and available resources and services in inner Gippsland.
- Skills in assertive outreach, assessment and case management.
- An ability to engage young people in out-of-home care including Residential Care, Kinship Care and Home-Based Care.
- An ability to assist young people transition and develop the necessary skills for independent living.
About the Organisation
Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) operates within the context that Aboriginal children continue to be significantly over-represented in the protection and care system within Victoria. VACCA considers that it has the responsibility and the opportunity to promote, advocate for and achieve positive changes in the lives of Aboriginal children, their families and the broader Aboriginal community.
If you like to be part of an Organization that strives in strengthening the safety and wellbeing and cultural connectedness of Aboriginal children, individuals and families in their community, we want to hear from you
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Better Futures Youth Support Worker via Pro Bono Australia.