About the Role
There is currently an opportunity to join our diverse skills-based Board of Directors.
As well as a demonstrated commitment to the community services mission of the Uniting Church in Australia, we are particularly looking for expertise in the areas of:
- Community services delivery such as disability, mental health or family services
- Marketing, media and fundraising
- Finance and ICT
- Risk and compliance
- Theology and ethics
Our directors need to have:
- Time to commit to Board meetings (10 – 12 per year) and other relevant activities including sub committees;
- Demonstrated skills in leadership and governance, commercial acumen and change management skills;
- Experience empowering leadership teams through the review, approval and monitoring of strategic plans and the annual budget
About the Organisation
Uniting is the community services organisation of the Uniting Church in Victoria and Tasmania. We’ve been supporting individuals, families and communities for over 100 years. We deliver services in the areas of youth and families, early learning, disability, mental health, alcohol and other drugs, crisis and homelessness and employment.
As an organisation, we celebrate our diversity and welcome all people regardless of ethnicity, faith, age, disability, culture, language, gender identity or sexual orientation. We acknowledge Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders as Australia’s First Peoples and as the traditional owners and custodians of the land on which we work. We welcome lesbian, gay, trans, gender diverse and intersex (LGBTIQ) people at our services. We pledge to provide inclusive and non-discriminatory services.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Board Director at Uniting in Victoria and Tasmania via Pro Bono Australia.