About the Role
inTouch, Multicultural Centre Against Family Violence, was established in 1984 and is a leading accredited organisation providing services, programs and responses to address issues of family violence within migrant and refugee communities. Holding a unique role in the sector, inTouch have developed a number of culturally responsive, holistic models for provision of services to women, children and families who have experienced family violence.
Our purpose is simple and clear – we are committed to changing lives, changing communities.
Our work – services and programs – is underpinned by 4 key principles and focused on strengthening our LEADERSHIP position by fostering the culture of INNOVATION, using INFLUENCE to shape state, national and international agendas and making a long-lasting positive IMPACT on lives of people and communities we work with.
inTouch is principally funded by government and discreet project grants.
inTouch is governed by a Board comprising a diverse array of experienced female board directors who demonstrate assorted backgrounds and experiences but all of whom aspire to excellence in governance standards. With the impending departure of their highly regarded, long-standing Chair, InTouch are seeking an inspirational and experienced female Chair to take the helm.
Given the significance of this role, the Chair must ensure they can devote sufficient time and commitment to properly perform their role and duties on behalf of the organisation. Responsibilities of the Chair will include (but not be limited to):
- Providing strong and visionary leadership to the Board;
- Facilitating the linkage of information between the Board and the CEO;
- Facilitating collaborative discussions by the Board Members;
- Providing effective and sound corporate governance;
- Providing leadership, vision and business acumen;
- Providing strategic direction and identifying organisational growth opportunities;
- Providing innovative / new ways of thinking;
- In conjunction with the CEO, seeking to ensure that communications and relationships with funders, stakeholders and the public are accurate and effective;
- Ensuring the organisation meets all performance, risk and compliance requirements and obligations;
- Seeking to ensure that the information provided to the board is relevant, accurate, timely and sufficient to keep the board appropriately informed of the performance of the organisation and of any developments that may have a material impact on the organisation or its performance;
- Promoting and enhancing the profile and reputation of the organisation;
- Representing the organisation as key spokesperson for media and key events;
- Acting honestly and in good faith at all times and in the interests of the organisation.
Monthly meetings are held on the first Thursday of each month from 6:00pm-9:00pm in Richmond, Vic. Note, you may also be required to attend sub-committee meetings and other impromptu meetings as required.
To be considered for this incredible opportunity, inTouch are seeking an experienced female Chair who is community oriented with a strong commitment to social justice. You understand the complexity of social policy, ideally diversity and multicultural policy, and complexities of a political environment. You understand the nature of family violence and the diversity of women’s issues. Your career has seen you work in or around public policy eg within government Departments, Third or Fourth sector, complex social service provision or the like. You are a confident and articulate communicator with the ability to liaise collaboratively with members of a board, the CEO and key stakeholder groups. You are a strategic and innovative thinker who demonstrates experience in corporate governance and Board leadership.
- Previous experience as a Chair is essential and AICD qualifications are desirable.
- This is an un-paid voluntary board appointment.
- inTouch has a pending renewal of an Equal Opportunity Exemption (A123/2012) and requests applications from women only.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : (03)99299587
Email : email@example.com
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Chair of the Board of Directors via Pro Bono Australia.