About the Role
- Peak body for autistic people and their families in Victoria
- Lead organisation-wide communications role
- Part of Senior Management Team
- Access to attractive salary packaging benefits.
The Communications Program covers Amaze internal and external communications and brand management including corporate communications, websites and digital assets, publications and resources and events.
This newly created role is responsible for the oversight of all internal and external communications for Amaze. The role undertakes strategic communications for Amaze across the organisation as well as providing communications advice and support to individual program areas (policy and advocacy, fee for service training and consultancy business and fundraising).
We are seeking an energetic communications professional with experience working across a range of program areas and who is prepared to take a hands-on approach working with a small team. You will possess excellent project management skills and excel at establishing and maintaining stakeholder relationships.
This is a unique opportunity for a qualified and experienced communications professional to take the next step into a leadership role and establish a communications function for an organisation striving to improve the quality of life of autistic people.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Tertiary qualification in an appropriate field (e.g. communications, marketing, public relations).
- 3+ years’ in a senior communications role.
- Exceptional writing skills for a range of communications channels (website, digital, reports, resources).
- Experience in project and event management and managing program budgets.
- Experience in preparing reports for senior management, boards and funding bodies.
About the Organisation
For 50 years, Amaze has provided information and resources to autistic people and their families, the broader autism sector (service providers, researchers, autism organisations) and the wider community.
Today Amaze supports more than 6,000 Victorians every year as well as advocates to government to influence positive change and builds the skills of the community to create a better world for autistic people and their families.
Amaze is committed to improving employment opportunities for autistic people. We do this through advocating to the broader community and employing autistic people at Amaze. We endeavour to provide support and adjustments through the recruitment process and throughout employment to the specific needs of autistic candidates and employees. Autistic people with the skills and experience outlined in the position description are encouraged to apply.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Communications Manager via Pro Bono Australia.