About the Role
An experienced Executive Assistant is required to provide high-level administrative and secretarial
support to the Executive Director of the Peter MacCallum Cancer Foundation.
This role is part of a high performing and well-respected team of fundraising professionals who play a critical role in supporting research and other initiatives which transform the lives and hopes of people living with cancer.
You will be experienced (minimum of three years) in the provision of high-level administrative, secretarial and executive support services to senior executives, have highly-developed planning, organisational, interpersonal and communication skills – both written and verbal. You will be a strong team player, willing to go the extra mile, a person with keen curiosity and desire to learn.
You will foster and coordinate positive relationships with a number of key internal and external stakeholders, including; The Board of Directors, the Fundraising Director and Foundation team members, PMCC senior executive, research and clinical staff, communications and marketing staff, suppliers, donors and supporters.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office
- A demonstrated ability and commitment to work as part of a team
- Commitment to maintaining confidentiality in all matters
- An ability to manage, review, develop and maintain office systems and procedures
- The ability to demonstrate initiative, flexibility and independent judgment in the performance of duties
- Ability to receive direction and work to agreed time lines
- Willingness to work within fundraising principals and activities of Peter MacCallum Cancer Foundation
- An interest in health/cancer research and treatment
- Experience in public relations, marketing, fundraising or the not-for-profit field
Peter Mac offers its employees the following benefits:
- Salary Packaging / ADOs
- Employee Assistance Program
- Central City Location
- Training and Development Program
About the Organisation
The Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre is Australia’s only public hospital solely dedicated to cancer and is one of an elite group of hospitals worldwide to have its own integrated cancer research program and laboratories. Every year, Peter Mac cares for more than 31,000 patients, whilst over 600 researchers contribute on a global scale to exciting discoveries that lead to better treatment of cancers.
The Peter MacCallum Cancer Foundation is the fundraising arm of Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Executive Assistant via Pro Bono Australia.