About the Role
The primary focus for the EA is to provide high-end administrative and legal secretarial support to the General Counsel. A challenging scope requiring top drawer accuracy and attention to detail, the person in this role will be required to work quickly juggling multiple demands and priorities.
A great sense of satisfaction will be the reward for this professional Executive Assistant as only working in such a meaningful organisation can bring.
This opportunity is a 12-month full time maternity leave contract commencing 6th August 2018. The hours of work will be from 8.30am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday.
The duties, tasks & responsibilities:
- Managing the calendar and appointments of the General Counsel, circulating meeting invitations, booking of meeting facilities and arranging refreshments and any other requirements as requested
- Preparation of correspondence including matters of high-level confidentiality
- Collating weekly legal status reports and statistical information and maintaining up-to-date registers of legal files, legal matters and referrals to external lawyers
- Tracking of contracts providing progress status updates
- Management of email & general correspondence on a daily basis
- Minutes (verbatim typing) and distribution of same
- Coordination of hospitality, catering, and travel arrangements
- Assisting with overflow work emanating from two other senior executives as required
The experience, qualities & skills:
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a fast paced Executive Assistant role
- Experience in legal administration (highly advantageous)
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with complicated filing (legal filing beneficial)
- Meeting preparation, minute taking & agendas
- Excellent verbal & written expression
- Demonstrated commitment to client services and a willingness to be accountable for own performance
- Demonstrated commitment to the ethos and values of the Catholic Church
- Enjoy the top-level administrative legal & financial environment
- Be highly valued for the vital role carried out
- Be a part of a highly collaborative professional team
- Celebrate events on the Catholic calendar
- Easy walk from either Museum or Town Hall stations
About the Organisation
This large professional yet caring organisation within the Catholic sector carries great responsibilities in expediting its responsibilities including record keeping, high-end administration, legal and financial duties.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Executive Assistant to General Counsel via Pro Bono Australia.