About the Role
The Executive Director provides strategic leadership of Lutheran Community Care (LCC) in accordance with its Christian ethos. Reporting to the LCC Board and working in close collaboration with the Bishop, the Executive Director will lead the organisation through growth and change. The Executive Director will
- Ensure LCC has a recognised reputation for the delivery of high quality services to people in need, particularly children and families who are suffering, disadvantaged and/or marginalised.
- Ensure LCC develops and maintains effective and influential relationships with its range of stakeholders including government and community sector agencies, the Lutheran Church and its congregations and funders in the provision of LCC services.
- Utilise contemporary approaches in the management of people, resources and finances to deliver astute, sustainable and innovative business solutions.
You are an experienced Executive with commercial acumen, the ability to negotiate through State and Federal funding regimes, and expertise within the community services sector. Your experience spans:
- Leadership and management at a senior level in a community-based organisation
- Physical, financial and human resource and knowledge management systems
- Leading and implementing organisational change
- Managing risk in complex service environments Leading multi-disciplinary work teams including volunteers
- Planning, implementing and evaluating services
- Experience of leading a team through mergers and acquisitions, or significant organisational change is highly desirable.
This role holds a position in the Lutheran Church of Australia (SA&NT) District Leadership Team so you will be comfortably aligned with the Christian values and ethos of the Lutheran faith.
You will hold a relevant tertiary qualification.
About the Organisation
LCC provides community services on behalf of the Lutheran Church in South Australia and Northern Territory, responding to the needs of individuals and families, community development, learning opportunities, accommodation and support. Current programs include emergency relief, financial counselling, family support and education, foster care, housing and family shelter, and refugee services. Much of their work aims to address poverty and injustice so that those in need are empowered to achieve their full potential. Services are based on respect, integrity and compassion.
They work with communities to develop efficient and effective ways to respond to individuals and families in need and embrace all people regardless of language, culture, ethnicity or religion. LCC is committed to reconciliation and improving outcomes and opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
LCC supports Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities across many programmes in SA & NT, with a strong central Australia focus.
Further information on LCC’s programmes and services can be found at: www.lccare.org.au
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 0401614518
Email : email@example.com
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Executive Director via Pro Bono Australia.