About the Role
The position has been identified as an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander position in accordance with the provisions of Section 14a of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977. Only Aboriginal and/ or Torres Strait Islander people are eligible to apply for this position. This is a full time role, however part time arrangements to 4 days a week are a possibility to be negotiated with the successful candidate
WARUMILANG – “TO SOAR LIKE AN EAGLE”
From the Djab wurrung people THE OPPORTUNITY AFL SportsReady is seeking to appoint an extensively experienced senior manager as our new head of our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Employment and Education Programs. Reporting to the CEO as one of AFL SR’s four executive level positions, this is a critical role for the company, and an outstanding opportunity to help us to make a real difference to the lives of young people through delivery and growth of our education and employment programs. The position is responsible for leading our Warumilang program, a small but high performing team of direct reports, and leads our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff network across all of our offices in Australia. The key areas of responsibility for this role are:
- Lead and manage business development activities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Employment and Education programs, including leadership of business development activities for the recently launched Ready Foundation.
- Lead and manage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander programs strategy, development and business planning.
- Perform ambassadorship and promotion activities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander programs.
- Monitor, review and help to improve Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Programs
- Leadership of the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Programs within AFL SR, and partnership with senior management team to deliver broader company-wide goals and objectives.
Additional information about the role can be found by accessing the position description which is located on our website at: https://aflsportsready.com.au/jobs-board/em-aboriginal-and-torres-strait-islander-programs/ BENEFITS The benefits on offer to the successful candidate include:
- Executive level position with opportunity to make significant impact through delivery and improvement of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander programs;
- Opportunity to negotiate flexible work arrangements and hours (down to 4 days per week) with successful candidate;
- Highly competitive total remuneration package – remuneration information will be provided upon request;
- Opportunity to include company vehicle as part of total remuneration package;
- 5 weeks total leave per year (4 weeks annual and 1 week additional gratis leave);
- Flexible, supportive, and diverse working environment (approximately 20% of total workforce identifies as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, 30% staff on part time and/or flexible working arrangements);
- Additional 2 days of cultural leave for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander team members;
- Financial support for relocation can be negotiated with successful applicant if currently located inter-state;
- Located at our head office at Victoria Park in Abbotsford, Melbourne;
- Support for professional development, and opportunity to undertake accredited courses as part of AFL SR’s Education arm.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA The position has been identified as an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander position in accordance with the provisions of Section 14a of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977. Only people who identify as having Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage are eligible to apply for this position. Desired experience and knowledge
- Demonstrated extensive experience in a senior executive management role leading employment and/or education programs.
- Demonstrated extensive experience in a senior executive team, influencing and contributing to strategic decision making.
- Demonstrated extensive experience in a senior executive team, working collaboratively within a matrixed organisation with cross functional business groups and programs.
- Experience and knowledge of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Education and Employment programs and services.
- A track record in setting and achieving business targets with a commitment to quality customer service.
- Experience engaging with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community and organisations and extensive networks and community connections.
- Knowledge of the vocational education and training (VET) sector.
Desired skills and abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and stakeholder engagement skills.
- Excellent verbal skills, public speaking and presentation capabilities.
- Capacity to envision, articulate and operationalise strategy and plans.
- Proven organisational skills, ability to multi-task, prioritise workloads and meet deadlines and targets.
About the Organisation
AFL SportsReady is an independent, not-for-profit company, established in 1994, which is dedicated to helping young Australians to develop careers through traineeships and educational opportunities. We have kick-started the careers of approximately 14,000 young jobseekers, including over 2,000 Indigenous Australians, and helped develop over 700 sporting organisations and other businesses across Australia. Our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander program, Warumilang, represents the support and opportunities created for Indigenous people through quality education and employment. We focus on strengthening relationships, promoting respect and creating employment and education opportunities for young Indigenous people.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 0413021836
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Executive Manager – Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Program via Pro Bono Australia.