About the Role
We have are seeking a Finance Manager/ Accountant, to join our Corporate Services division on an ongoing, full time (38 hours per week) basis. This position requires an experienced finance/accounting professional, whose values strongly resonate with those of our organisation, to deliver high quality finance and accounting services that support EDVOS’s strategic and operational objectives.
The Finance Manager/ Accountant is a key leadership position that is responsible for ensuring the provision of high quality financial and accounting operations that best support EDVOS’ strategic objectives and maintain its long term financial security. The position is responsible for the development and delivery of a financial strategy as well as managing and carrying out operational finance activities, including analysis of departmental finances and development of annual budgets. The Finance Manager/ Accountant reports to the General Manager, Corporate and is a member of the Senior Management Team (SMT) and is responsible for leading a small team of finance professionals.
Essential to your success
- Tertiary qualification in Finance or Accounting
- CA/CPA qualification
- Significant experience in accounting and financial management
- Demonstrated experience working at a strategic or management level
- Experience using QuickBooks / Reckon and other accounting packages
- Experience leading and supervising a team with the ability to delegate tasks
- Strong computer skills, and proficiency in the use of Microsoft suite, in particular Excel
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a busy environment
- Previous experience working in a not-for profit organisation (preferred)
- High level written and verbal communication skills
- Strong negotiating skills and decision making ability
- Capacity to work autonomously and within a team environment
What We Offer
- Flexible working hours including the option of a monthly accrued day off (ADO) for full time staff
- Generous salary packaging benefits resulting in tax savings
- Excellent Professional Development opportunities including external training and workshops as well as EDVOS all staff training
- Health and wellbeing programs for all staff including weekly yoga classes, walk at work, bi-monthly staff shared lunch and birthday calendar
- Regular supervision and management support including access to EAP
- Internal committees (e.g. Innovation & Development and Quality and Safety) working groups to support staff’s interest and expertise (e.g. Diversity, Consumer Engagement, OHS, Children and Youth)
- A rewarding opportunity to be part of an organisation that is committed to improving quality of life for women and children experiencing family violence
Salary for this position will be aligned with SCHADS Level 8 + 9.5% super.
About the Organisation
Eastern Domestic Violence Services (EDVOS) is a not-for-profit specialist family violence service in Melbourne’s eastern metropolitan region. We provide an integrated range of support and services to empower women and children who are responding to family violence. We operate within a human rights framework and our focus is on supporting the safety of women and children and the accountability of perpetrators.
Apply for this Job
Please download a copy of the position description for the role available on our website at www.edvos.org.au. For further information regarding the role please contact Annie Carnell, General Manager, Corporate Services on (03) 9259 4200. Applications including cover letter, CV and a separate document addressing the key selection criteria should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: “Finance Manager/Accountant ” by close of business Monday 30th July 2018.
Appointments with EDVOS are subject to a police records check, working with children check and reference checks. EDVOS values diversity in our workforce, actively promoting equal employment opportunity. We encourage applications from all abilities and from diverse backgrounds. EDVOS is a child-focused and child safe organisation.
Please quote in application: Finance Manager/Accountant via Pro Bono Australia.