About the Role
Reporting to the Fundraising Manager, the Senior Fundraising Coordinator – Regular Giving will play a vital role in implementing direct marketing strategies to achieve the Foundation’s objectives. You will implement industry best practice and test innovative strategies aimed at increasing acquisition and retention of regular giving donors, in particular coordinating the Foundation’s telemarketing activities and other selected direct marketing activities.
If you’re a strong communicator with a donor-centric approach and genuine interest in making a difference, we want to hear from you! This full-time position is offered for a 12-month term in the first instance.
The key responsibilities include:
- Coordinate all regular giving campaigns including frequent monitoring of results and liaising with telemarketing and other agencies. Campaigns are directed at existing and new donors (including upgrade and reactivation campaigns and one-off donors) with a focus on telephone acquisition and online lead generation.
- Brief and/or train fundraising and creative agencies on campaigns
- Write, review and/or edit regular giving communications
- Assist in developing the annual plan and budget for regular giving
- Contribute to the supporter engagement communications plan
- Report on and conduct analysis to drive growth within each program
- Work closely with the Supporter Services team to optimise existing regular giving processes
- Manage a busy and varied portfolio
You will have the following skills and experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in marketing and/or Association for Data Driven Marketing & Advertising (ADMA) certification will be highly regarded
- Demonstrated experience in coordinating telemarketing and direct marketing campaigns – regular giving experience will be highly regarded
- Ability to think through and manage a project through its lifecycle
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with co-workers, suppliers, members of the public, and donors
- Resilient, results-oriented and proactive, you will enjoy managing and prioritising multiple tasks and goals
- Experience in working with databases – Raiser’s Edge desirable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
This is an excellent opportunity to work in a social, inspiring and positive working environment with a competitive track record in attracting philanthropic support. You’ll have the satisfaction of knowing that your work has a real impact on human health. You will be exposed to a wide range of projects and have the opportunity to contribute new ideas in an open environment. You will have direct access to exceptional scientists who support the work that we do – if you have an interest in science, there is no better place to work.
Located in modern offices, there is an on-site café and you are situated close to public transport and Darlinghurst’s trendy restaurants. You will be rewarded with a competitive salary, not-for-profit salary packaging and 10% superannuation.
About the Organisation
Established in 1981, the Garvan Research Foundation is the fundraising and marketing arm of the Garvan Institute of Medical Research, tasked with raising and administering vital funds from individuals, Trusts and Foundations and corporate and community groups. The Foundation also delivers Garvan’s public engagement and awareness activities. These educate and advocate the need for and importance of Garvan's medical research as well as share news of its progress with the broader community. The success of the Foundation’s awareness campaigns and fundraising activities allow Garvan’s scientists to make discoveries which will ultimately lead to earlier diagnosis, better treatments, and prevention or cure of a range of diseases.
Apply for this Job
All applications must be submitted via the Garvan Careers site via the link below. Applications from other sites will unfortunately not be considered.
Your application should include:
- A cover letter addressing the selection criteria above
- Your resume including at least 2 referees
- Copies of relevant qualifications / academic transcripts
Only applicants with full working rights in Australia are eligible to apply for this role.
We are reviewing applications as we receive them so don't wait to apply!
Please quote in application: Senior Fundraising Coordinator – Regular Giving via Pro Bono Australia.