About the Role
COMMUNITY INITIATIVES AT WOODVILLE ALLIANCE
The Community Initiatives Team (CIT) is responsible for delivering a variety of community programs as well as ensuring the team’s objectives in Woodville Alliance’s strategic plan are met. There are three teams: firstly, the ‘Strong Communities, Strong Families Team’ is an early intervention program focusing on improving the lives of 0–18 year olds and their families. Secondly, our ‘Strong Minds’ service aims to support children and young people (aged 0-18 years) who are showing early signs of, or are at risk of developing a mental illness. This team aims to improve their wellbeing and enable them to better participate in their community to reach their full potential. Lastly, Hope+ is a collective impact initiative that aims to provide solutions to tackle long term disadvantage in the Fairfield LGA. The total Community Initiatives team consists of 18 staff, 3 of which are direct reports to the General Manager.
This role is a member of the Leadership Team, reports to the CEO and has the following primary objectives;
- Provide leadership, strategic and operational management of WA Community Initiatives Team
- Develop new business opportunities, partnerships and relationships to continue the growth of new and existing services
- Contribute to leadership and strategy across WA, as a member of the Leadership Team.
This role will ensure that service delivery is of a high quality with flexibility maximised, as well as, building positive and growing relationships with relevant stakeholders. Additionally, the role will have responsibility for financial management and ensuring effective people management strategies are adopted to promote a positive staff and client culture.
ESSENTIAL – See PD for full list
- Tertiary/Degree qualifications in human services or related field
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice principles and ethical practice
- At least 5 years leadership and management experience, including staff, financial and change management and effective human resource management
- Extensive experience in community development, early intervention and mental health
- Demonstrated business development track record and entrepreneurial skills
About the Organisation
Woodville Alliance (WA) is a not-for-profit community organisation based in Western Sydney and working primarily in Fairfield, Bankstown, Auburn and Liverpool. We have operated for over twenty years and provide a broad range of children's, family, youth, mental health, disability and early intervention services. Further details regarding our services can be found on our website: http://www.woodville.org.au/
Our organisational vision and mission focuses on social justice and working in partnership with our community. Our values include empowerment, empathy, compassion and innovation.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 02 9722 5200
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: General Manager – Community Initiatives via Pro Bono Australia.