About the Role
This is an exciting opportunity to shape the future of new Australians, the GM for Corporate Services will have the functional responsibility for key departments including Finance, Compliance and IT. Reporting to the CEO this is a pivotal leadership role, with responsibility for the largest team and a diverse functional remit. As a member of the Executive Team, you will be an ambassador for SSI values and share the leadership responsibilities for SSI as a whole.
• Manage the financial sustainability of the organisation and ensure the effective performance of the finance function and delivery of an effective balance between financial compliance and reporting requirements and the provision of commercial and innovative financial management advice responding to the changing needs of the business
• Manage risk, governance and controls to ensure the sustainability of the organisation
• Ensure SSI has a fit for purpose technology delivery model that effectively manages risk and compliance, supports the business strategy and enables evidence-based decision-making.
• Lead and manage a diverse Corporate Services function, determining resourcing models (insourced versus outsourced), KPI’s and performance development
• Proven leadership, strong strategic thinker, planning and decision-making capability
• Significant experience in managing finance, governance and compliance and ensuring robust controls are in place
• Leadership of a diverse function/ team
• Previous experience leading a Shared Services/ Corporate Services function, in a corporate environment
• Demonstrated experience in managing a diversified portfolio, providing senior level advice and successfully managing cross-organisational projects
• Experience leading a significant change transformation project
About the Organisation
From a staff of one in April 2011, SSI in 2018 has over 650 employees, 130 Bilingual Guides and 250 volunteers. Due to this exciting period of growth and focus on sustainability and future development, a general management team will be implemented across the organisation.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: General Manager Corporate Services via Pro Bono Australia.