About the Role
This is an exciting opportunity to shape the future of new Australians, leading the Public Affairs and Communications teams and strategy. Reporting to the CEO this critical role will drive the brand awareness initiatives, designing and implementing a robust communication and marketing strategy to facilitate the continued growth and exposure of SSI, both nationally and in relevant markets globally. As a member of the Executive Team, you will be an ambassador for SSI values and share the leadership responsibilities for SSI as a whole.
• Lead and manage the Public Affairs and Communications function and team
• Lead and manage initiatives to strengthen SSI’s brand, reputation and connections with external and internal stakeholders.
• Raise awareness and build community understanding, engagement and support for newcomers to Australia and those who are overcoming disadvantage
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in managing a diversified portfolio, providing senior level strategic communications advice and successfully managing cross-organisational projects
• Demonstrated high level senior executive management experience in public affairs, communications and stakeholder management
• Proven stakeholder management skills across all levels of the public, private and community sectors
• Fundraising planning and managing fundraising campaigns track record
• Senior executive experience in the Not for Profit, social services or similar sector
• Strong commercial and political acumen
• Strong networks on appropriate and/or related sectors
About the Organisation
From a staff of one in April 2011, SSI in 2018 has over 650 employees, 130 Bilingual Guides and 250 volunteers. Due to this exciting period of growth and focus on sustainability and future development, a general management team will be implemented across the organisation.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Email : email@example.com
Please quote in application: General Manager Public Affairs and Communication via Pro Bono Australia.