About the Role
The primary charter of this recently created role is to oversee the full human resources function along with continuing with various HR projects currently underway.
This is a six-month maternity leave cover commencing the end of August 2018 to allow for a handover period then working through until the end of Term 4, 2018 starting back mid-January 2019. The proposed completion date at this stage is the end of February 2019. The standard hours of work will be from 8 am to 4 pm Monday to Friday, however, there is some flexibility available for the right candidate.
The base annual salary FTE is $115,000 plus super. There will be some stand-down time during school term breaks especially over Christmas and the New Year.
The role ultimately reports to the Principal through the Business Manager and works closely with the College Leadership Team including the Deputy Principal. This is a busy, complex organisation and you will have a significant opportunity to make a difference through process improvement and active people liaison.
The duties & responsibilities:
- Coordinate recruitment, selection and induction of all future employees
- Professional development activities in conjunction with senior staff
- Provide human resources advice and practical support including performance management
- Continue with the review and implement of human resources policies and procedures
- Manage all HR related administration including long service and annual leave
- Human Resources project work coordination – a large focus on the development of policies and processes
The qualities, skills and experience sought:
- Tertiary qualification in Human Resources
- Generalist HR background – transactional hands-on!
- Previous experience within the education sector would be highly advantageous but not essential
- Sound knowledge of Australian employment law and the working landscape
- A focus on quality assurance and ensuring consistency of customer experience
- Ability to manage competing demands and expectations of internal customers
- Ability to prioritise workflows and assist with complex problem solving
- An ability to be introspective with a well-developed sense of diplomacy and confidentiality
- Excellent communication skills as this is a highly consultative role
- Ability to take direction and yet also be self-directing – with loads of initiative!
- Excellent ICT skills including MS Office and database management
- Demonstrated commitment to Christian values
About the Organisation
With a proud tradition of commitment to school life resulting in strong academic achievements and enviable accomplishments in cultural, sports and community service pursuits, this College provides a quality; balanced education underpinned and supported at all times by the Christan faith.
Today, the College enrols over 900 students from Kindergarten to Year 12.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Human Resources Manager – Education via Pro Bono Australia.