About the Role
- Be part of an organization that makes a difference
- Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane
- Engage external stakeholders to deliver a leading career learning initiative to students
The Smith Family is a national, independent children’s charity helping disadvantaged Australians to get the most out of their education, so they can create better futures for themselves
Work inspiration is a career learning initiative for students in Years 9-11 combining elements of work experience, self-reflection and career conversations. Reporting to the National Manager of Strategic Engagement and working with a dedicated and passionate team, this is an external facing role that will engage and support employers, industry bodies and other stakeholders to deliver Work Inspiration in their communities.
A day in the life of an Industry Engagement Officer might look like this, but every day can be different. Primarily, you will be responsible for:
- Engaging with employers, community organisations and industry associations to discuss their participation in Work Inspiration
- Educating key stakeholders about Work Inspiration and the benefits to them of getting involved
- Working with the Work Inspiration Implementation Analyst to manage implementation of Work Inspiration events with our corporate supporters
It takes a special kind of person to be our Industry Engagement Officer. Our successful candidate will bring the following:
- Tertiary level qualifications in business, management, social sciences or equivalent experience in business workforce development, business development or similar.
- Demonstrated experience in building and managing relationships with companies, industry and other external stakeholders
- Comfortable taking a proactive approach to contacting external stakeholders
- Sound project management skills and an understanding of process
- Clear and logical approach to collecting, managing and reporting on data
- Collaborative work style
About the Organisation
The Smith Family is a national, independent children’s charity helping disadvantaged Australians to get the most out of their education, so they can create better futures for themselves.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Industry Engagement Officer via Pro Bono Australia.