About the Role
An exciting role has just landed in our Preston Office – Manager of The Aboriginal Children’s Healing Team. This could be the start to your new and exciting career !
This team is expanding to provide input to a range of developing VACCA program areas and the role of Manager ACHT will include a strong focus on innovating, leading and implemented this continued development.
To be successful in your application you must be
- Degree Qualified in either Social Work or Psychology
- Demonstrate understanding and knowledge of Aboriginal culture & value and the importance of identity, and cultural connections in the healing process for Aboriginal children and families.
- Have highly developed understanding of the theories relating to complex trauma as a consequence of abuse and neglect, of the issues involved in trans-generational trauma and the ability to translate these into practice in an Aboriginal organization.
- Substantial and relevant experience working across Child and Family Welfare Services and the Aboriginal sector.
- Demonstrated capacity to lead, develop and manage the clinical component of the program through the ongoing provision of training, clinical supervision, coaching and support of staff.
If this sounds like the role you have been looking for and your dream job to make a difference in families lives as well as leading an amazing team then look no further !
About the Organisation
The Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) operates within the context that Aboriginal children continue to be significantly over-represented in the protection and care system within Victoria. VACCA considers that it has the responsibility and the opportunity to promote, advocate for and achieve positive changes in the lives of Aboriginal children, their families and the broader Aboriginal community.
VACCA's objectives include the preservation, strengthening and protection of the cultural and spiritual identity of Aboriginal children and to provide culturally appropriate and quality services which are responsive to the needs of the Aboriginal community.
As a state wide community based Aboriginal organisation VACCA has extensive experience in the management and delivery of a range of community services programs to the Aboriginal community with a particular focus on services to vulnerable children families and community members.
In 2012 VACCA began the development of a therapeutic trauma informed practice team, the Aboriginal Children's Healing Team. The team comprises seven Therapeutic Practitioners each of whom works with a specific VACCA service delivery program either on a location or a service focus basis. The team has also developed a training package that is regularly delivered internally to staff and carers across VACCA.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Manager – Aboriginal Childrens Healing Team via Pro Bono Australia.