About the Role
Reporting to the Executive Manager, Quality Systems & People and Culture, and leading a small team, the Manager, People & Culture has responsibility for workforce planning that enables CatholicCare to be well-positioned for future growth. You will play a major role in leading and supporting managers in developing a high-performance culture by engaging and energising staff in fulfilling CatholicCare’s mission and actively living out the agency’s values.
You will lead the development of innovative recruitment and retention strategies that will attract and retain skilled staff that will deliver high quality, person-centered services. With a sound understanding of employment legislation and good employment practices, you will support and provide operational advice to senior and line managers in relation to all workforce related matters. You will be responsible for the review and improvement of program systems and processes, and lead the review of related policies, procedures and practices to ensure compliance with legislation and standards. This position is a full-time role and is located in Wollongong. CatholicCare has an office in Campbelltown, and we are open to the position operating from this office.
The Manager, People & Culture will ideally have the following knowledge, qualifications and experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in Human Resources Management
- An understanding of and a commitment to the mission, vision and values of CatholicCare
- Experience working in the social services sector or in a similar environment
- Sound understanding of employment legislation and good employment practices
- Demonstrated ability to build a high-performance workplace culture and implement innovative service improvements
- Strong project management skills and the ability to lead agency wide project teams
- Demonstrated success in managing staff and resources with an ability to engage, motivate, coach and lead staff to meet KPIs
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity please contact Anthony Spata at REACH Human Resources on 0402 210 055.
About the Organisation
CatholicCare is the social services agency of the Catholic Diocese of Wollongong. Its services extend to the areas of Illawarra, Shoalhaven, Macarthur and Southern Highlands. With 250 staff and over 120 volunteers, CatholicCare brings joy to those it serves by enabling growth, healing and hope. By delivering high quality social services, CatholicCare helps to build the social and emotional wellbeing of individuals, families and communities.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 0402 210 055
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Manager, People & Culture via Pro Bono Australia.