About the Role
The role of the Philanthropy Coordinator is an integral part of the Individual Giving Team, responsible for the development of stewardship activities to ensure relationships with major donors and bequestors are developed to the highest standard and donors are invited to continue to develop their commitment to The Royal Children’s Hospital.
The candidate will make recommendations to the Manager, Individual Giving and Director, Fundraising about best practice stewardship and opportunities to invite major gifts and bequests to the RCH Foundation. The position will work closely with key internal and external stakeholders.
As part of a small team, the position must be very hands-on and flexible enough to partner with team members, while not losing the focus of the responsibilities of his/her own portfolio.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Previous experience working in a donor relations role in the health or not-for-profit sectors
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships and demonstrated success in dealing with donors and internal stakeholders
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills with experience communicating to a range of audiences
- Ability to exercise discretion in dealing with sensitive information and maintaining confidentiality
- Demonstrated attention to detail, working under own initiative to strict deadlines, and managing accounts and projects simultaneously
- High level computer literacy and proficiency with fundraising programs and spreadsheets
- Demonstrated Customer Service focus
- Commitment to The Royal Children’s Hospital Foundation’s values and a working style that reflects these
- Experience working in Salesforce database
- Organisational awareness and stakeholder management experience
This is a three year contract position, subject to renewal. Salary packaging is available. Leave entitlements as per national standards.
About the Organisation
Founded in 1989, The Royal Children’s Hospital (RCH) Foundation is the fundraising arm of The Royal Children's Hospital, Melbourne; one of the world’s leading children’s hospitals. The Foundation has the vital role of raising, investing and distributing donated funds to the hospital. A legally separate organisation, the Foundation works closely with the RCH and its Campus Partners (MCRI and UoM) in achieving its vision.
Generous community support helps to sustain the hospital’s role as international leader, tackling some of the world's biggest health issues, and the Foundation supports a vast network of fundraisers and donors. Donated funds drive the hospital’s growth, are utilised for purposes of medical excellence, and support only the most innovative, life-changing programs and initiatives – that would otherwise not exist - in the areas of research, leadership, training, technology, equipment, and patient and family-centred care.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 03 9345 5037
Email : Allison.email@example.com
- See the full position description at www.rchfoundation.org.au/about/careers. Please note, applications must address the Key Selection Criteria. Applications that do not address the Selection Criteria will not be considered.
- Send your application, including your CV and cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria, to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB Friday 27 July.
Please quote in application: Philanthropy Coordinator, Major Gifts via Pro Bono Australia.