About the Role
0.8EFT or 1EFT + ADO (Negotiable)
Based across Essendon, St Albans. Reservoir and Nth Melbourne
Not for Profit ‘Salary Sacrificing’ benefits on top of your salary, increasing your take home pay
Are you ready to embrace a role with plenty of variety, stimulation, and leadership? Working for one of Australia’s largest and most recognised Community Health Organisations? Then here is your chance!
We care about the whole person and place people at the centre of everything we do through:
Inquiry and innovation: we are curious and inquisitive and think outside of the box; research and evidence underpin our work.
Respect: we treat all people with respect and dignity.
Courage: we are focused on doing our best, trying new things and speaking up for what is right.
Social equity: we are committed to fairness and equality, making sure rights are foremost in our thoughts and actions, and making sure no one is left behind.
Our programs are delivered within a framework of strengths-based, recovery-oriented practice, consumer, carer and community participation and codesign and a whole of health approach to care. We achieve consistent, high quality recovery-oriented services using the Collaborative Recovery Model (CRM) and Recovery Star and ensure competency in trauma informed care, family centred practice delivered in a client directed purchasing environment.
As our Youth Support Services (YSS) Practice and Engagement Leader you value work closely with our YSS Program Managers to imbed within their programs a best practice, evidence-based and outcome focussed service delivery approach that is underpinned by identified practice principles.
As our YSS Practice and Engagement Leader your responsibilities will cover:
- The ongoing development and growth of Youth Support Service staff through one-on-one workplace coaching, facilitation of practice reflection groups and sourcing professional development opportunities;
- Embedding an outcome focussed, co-designed continuous quality improvement approach to the service delivery model of care, workflow and policy development.
- Providing support and advice to the YSS leadership team and act as a secondary consultant to cohealth more broadly; and
- Managing the cohealth Youth Advisory Committee (cYAC) and internal and external youth engagement activities across YSS.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity you will possess:
- Tertiary qualification in management and/or fields related to mental health, youth or health and at least 5 years experience of working in one of these sectors.
- Established leadership skills with experience in leading and managing a team by inspiring confidence in and displaying behaviours in accordance with the organisation’s values;
- A thorough understanding of the principles of co-design and consumer engagement, with demonstrated experience in utilising these to develop and manage outcome;
- Demonstrated knowledge in the provision of AOD services and/or client/s with complex support needs;
- Highly developed stakeholder relations and interpersonal skills, including the ability to engage people from a diverse range of professional and non-professional backgrounds as well as cultures and capabilities;
If this is you, then here at cohealth, we have an opportunity that will challenge you, motivate you and revitalise your passion
About the Organisation
For more information about cohealth and the services provided, please visit our website: www.cohealth.org.au
Apply for this Job
This position will be paid under the Victorian Stand-Alone Community Health Services (Health and Allied Services, Managers and Administrative Officers) Multiple Enterprise Agreement 2011-2015, Grade 5
To be considered for the role, you must to provide a CV demonstrating your skills and experience relevant to the position description, along with a cover letter that answers these questions:
Applications close on 5th August @ 10.00pm
People accepting employment with cohealth are unable to access our services, some exemptions may apply.
Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number and criminal record history check)
Please quote in application: Practice and Engagement Leader – Youth Support Services via Pro Bono Australia.