About the Role
About the Opportunity
The Principal Strategic Advisor (PSA) to the RFVP is a key leadership role within the whole of Government family violence system reform, and will be informed through both the regional experience and statewide participation. This role is instrumental in the further development of the integrated service system and implementation of the RCFV recommendations. The PSA focus is on integration, collaboration and consistency both within the region and more broadly across the state. This is an ongoing, part time role (30.4 hours/week).
Essential to your success will be:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in social work, social or behavioral science or other relevant discipline
- Advanced project management skills
- Highly developed written and verbal communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to engage and liaise successfully with a diverse range of stakeholders in the community and government sectors at senior levels
- Demonstrated understanding of the current external context impacting on family violence practice within prevention, response accountability and recovery spaces including government reform, policy and initiatives
- A current Driver’s License is essential for this position
- Current Working With Children check
- Travel within the Eastern Metropolitan Region will be required with occasional travel to other regions
- After hours work may be required on occasion
- Competent computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office
What We Offer
- Generous salary packaging benefits resulting in tax savings
- Excellent Professional Development opportunities including external training and workshops as well as EDVOS all staff training
- Health and wellbeing programs for all staff including weekly yoga classes, walk at work, bi-monthly staff shared lunch and birthday calendar
- Regular supervision and management support including access to EAP
- Internal committees (e.g. Innovation & Development and Quality and Safety) working groups to support staff’s interest and expertise (e.g. Diversity, Consumer Engagement, OHS, Children and Youth)
- A rewarding opportunity to be part of an organisation that is committed to improving quality of life for women and children experiencing family violence
EDVOS hours of operation are Monday to Friday from 9am until 8pm and Saturday from 9am until 5pm. Salary for this position will be aligned with SCHADS Level 8 + 9.5% super.
About the Organisation
Eastern Domestic Violence Services (EDVOS) is a not-for-profit specialist family violence service in Melbourne’s eastern metropolitan region. We provide an integrated range of support and services to empower women and children who are responding to family violence. We operate within a human rights framework and our focus is on supporting the safety of women and children and the accountability of perpetrators. EDVOS is a member and the auspice agency of the Regional Family Violence Partnership (RFVP). RFVP is a partnership of organisations committed to working together to address family violence in the Inner and Outer Eastern Department of Health and Human Services areas. The goal of the RFVP is to build a system to support women and children’s safety and hold perpetrators of family violence accountable for their behaviour. RFVP brings together representation from the human services, health and justice sectors.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 9259 4200
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Principal Strategic Advisor via Pro Bono Australia.