About the Role
We are inviting applications from suitably qualified and dedicated professionals to join our Intensive Case Management team. We have the following opportunity available:
• Specialist Family Violence Advocate: fixed term, full time (38 hours per week) until 30 June 2019
The Intensive Case Management team provides medium to long term support for women and children experiencing complex challenges as a result of family violence including supporting women and children referred to the Eastern Risk Assessment Management Panel (RAMP). This role may be undertaken within the office environment or out reach and co-location settings.
Essential to your success will be:
• A tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Diploma of Community Services or equivalent
• Demonstrated knowledge, experience and skills in assessment and case planning with a focus on, risk assessment safety planning, managing caseload and client advocacy
• Knowledge of and commitment to feminist theory and practice
• Demonstrated understanding of trauma Informed and strengths based practice
• Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to the principles and practices of a specialist family violence service
• Demonstrated capacity to provide quality case management to a diverse range of community members including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women, young women, women who identify as LGBTIQ, women with disability and CALD women
• The ability to participate in planning, implementation and evaluation of programs
• Demonstrated ability to establish effective working relationships with clients and other service providers
• Proven ability to function both independently and within a team environment
• Demonstrated self care, reflective practice and resilience
What We Offer
• Flexible working hours including the option of monthly accrued day off (ADO) for full time staff
• Generous salary packaging benefits resulting in tax savings
• A rewarding opportunity to be part of an organisation that is committed to improving quality of life for women and children experiencing family violence
EDVOS hours of operation are Monday to Friday from 9am until 8pm and Saturday from 9am until 5pm. This position will be expected to be available to work on a rotating roster across those hours of operation.
Salary for these positions will be aligned with SCHADS Level 5 + 9.5% super.
About the Organisation
Eastern Domestic Violence Services (EDVOS) is a not-for-profit specialist family violence service in Melbourne’s eastern metropolitan region. We provide an integrated range of support and services to empower women and children who are responding to family violence. We operate within a human rights framework and our focus is on supporting the safety of women and children and the accountability of perpetrators.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Specialist Family Violence Advocate – Intensive Case Management via Pro Bono Australia.