About the Role
The Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the volunteer workforce and events that assists Rise Above to achieve our goals each year. This includes all volunteering activity in our fundraising activities and providing support for the office administration. The position reports directly to the CEO.
Award: Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010
Grade: Social and Community Services Employee Level 3
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Relevant tertiary qualification or equivalent work experience.
- Hold and maintain a current driver’s license and be prepared to drive.
- Willingness to undertake a criminal record check.
- Ability to attain a Working With Vulnerable People license.
- Willingness to work outside of normal work hours to assist with events.
- Demonstrated administrative experience.
- Experienced in providing exceptional customer service.
- Experience with public speaking and comfortable presenting information to groups.
- Proficient with MS Office products, survey tools and database management.
- Experience working with a volunteer workforce.
- Confident liaising with people at all levels in an engaging, friendly and approachable manner.
- Seeks feedback and responds appropriately.
- Copes with change effectively.
- Takes initiative.
- Works hard to meet and exceed accountabilities.
- Makes others feel valued.
- Is reliable, consistent and fulfils commitments.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Works collaboratively.
- Plans and organises work efficiently and effectively.
- Identifies opportunities to grow or improve the organisation.
About the Organisation
Rise Above – Capital Region Cancer Relief, provides financial assistance and support to cancer patients and family residing with them within the ACT, Queanbeyan and surrounds. A charitable not-for-profit organisation, the group relies on fundraising, community partners, the generosity of businesses and the local community, to meet the needs of the increasing number of families that require our assistance. Rise Above aims to support cancer patients and their families through the provision of financial assistance, which specifically addresses the cancer patient’s medical prognosis/treatment program. Each case is treated on its merits at the time of application.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Volunteer Coordinator & Office Assistant via Pro Bono Australia.