About the Role
- Morwell location
- Full Time, 12 month contract
- $58,000+ Superannuation+ Salary Sacrifice
The Leaving Care & Post Care Program will provide culturally relevant support to Aboriginal young people across Gippsland between the ages of 16-18years, who are leaving out of home care placements.
The role will assist young people who may demonstrate complex and challenging behaviours, to gain independent living skills through housing and cultural support. You will assist young people to make informed decisions regarding housing options and has a strong focus on maintaining and/or developing young peoples’ connection to their families, communities and culture.
To be considered for this role you must demonstrate:
- Awareness and appreciation of Aboriginal communities and culture and an understanding of the issues affecting Aboriginal people in contemporary Australia
- An ability to work in a culturally respectful and competent manner with young people, their families and communities to ensure that cultural connections are fostered and maintained.
- An understanding of the Child Protection and Out of Home Care system and the issues this presents for young people leaving care.
- Demonstrated ability to provide a range of flexible interventions with young people who have complex needs and behaviours.
- A proven ability to negotiate and advocate on behalf of young people with other stakeholders.
- An understanding of, and ability to work effectively with Aboriginal organizations, government departments and community service organizations, particularly relating to education, employment, health and housing
About the Organisation
Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) operates within the context that Aboriginal children continue to be significantly over-represented in the protection and care system within Victoria. VACCA considers that it has the responsibility and the opportunity to promote, advocate for and achieve positive changes in the lives of Aboriginal children, their families and the broader Aboriginal community.
If you like to be part of an Organization that strives in strengthening the safety and wellbeing and cultural connectedness of Aboriginal children, individuals and families in their community, we want to hear from you
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Aboriginal Leaving Care/Post Care Youth Worker via Pro Bono Australia.