About the Role
- Base location can be negotiable across Wollongong and Southwest Sydney Offices
- Outstanding opportunity for an experienced leader to manage a team
- Excellent Benefits including Salary packaging options and Accrued Day Off!
ABOUT ABILITY LINKS
Ability Links NSW (ALNSW) supports people with disability, their families and carers to live the life they want as valued and equal members of their community. By using a flexible, creative and person-centred approach, ALNSW taps into people’s unique potential and helps to achieve their goals while promoting genuine inclusion within communities to drive real change.
The purpose of this role is to manage the team at an operational level providing effective and efficient leadership to 13 direct reports. You will contribute to strategies and assist in guiding the future direction of the program and its reforms.
- Fostering a supportive team environment for 9 direct reports, provide conceptual leadership, management support and professional development to Linkers within the designated Area
- Ensure consistently high-level of support is provided to people with disability and their families/carers via opportunities in the Ability Links Program
- Develop meaningful relationships of mutual benefit with locally based networks, stakeholders and other Ability Links teams in accordance with funding guidelines and SSI Media and Communications strategy
- Monitor and oversee Area budget to ensure expenditure compliance within budgetary guidelines and financial delegation policy
- An inspiring influencer who is emotionally intelligent with well-developed communication and interpersonal skills coupled with an ability to be an innovative problem solver who thrives on building effective teams
- Strong staff management and leadership experience with demonstrated success in managing team members based across multiple locations
- Demonstrated experience in community networking and building stakeholder relationships and experience in the disability or human services sector
- A sound understanding of a person centred approach to service provision, social inclusion and community development principles is essential
- Excellent negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- A valid NSW drivers licence and the ability to travel regularly
- Tertiary qualifications in social, disability or community services
- Strategic experience – commitment to continuous improvement by tailoring existing plans and influencing stakeholders to exceed goals
WHAT WE OFFER
We offer the opportunity to engage in meaningful work that makes a real difference to the lives of our clients, their families, carers, & communities. We have a fantastic benefits package that promotes work/life balance; something we are very passionate about! SSI is committed to being an EEO employer. We embrace diversity in our workforce and encourage applications from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, including those from Aboriginal, Torres Strait Island heritage & people with lived experience of disability.
All employees will undergo a National Police Clearance and a Working with Children Check. SSI will provide reasonable adjustments in our recruitment processes and in the workplace. If you require a reasonable adjustment please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close date: Monday 31st August 2018
About the Organisation
Settlement Services International (SSI) is a leading community-based not-for-profit organisation providing a range of services in the areas of refugee settlement, asylum seeker assistance, housing, multicultural foster care, disability support and employment services in NSW. Our vision is to achieve a society that values the diversity of its people and actively provides support to ensure meaningful social and economic participation and to assist individuals and families reach their potential.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Area Coordinator (Metro Southwest) via Pro Bono Australia.