About the Role
We are seeking applications for one or more highly capable, motivated and values driven individuals to join our Board of Directors on a voluntary basis. It’s an exciting opportunity to contribute to the organisation’s governance and assist with our future strategic directions, in a rapidly changing and competitive environment.
Your role as Director will be to:
- Understand the business of the organisation and be aware of key developments
- Govern and oversee the organisations’ operations and performance
- Provide advice, opinions and independent judgement to inform Board decisions
- Attend and participate in Board meetings
- Be active in the organisation, such as attending functions or events as a representative of Your Community Health
We value diversity and seek to reflect the diversity of our community in the composition of our Board. In addition to demonstrated leadership experience, the following qualities and skills will be highly valued:
- Demonstrated experience and/or knowledge in/of the not-for-profit sector and the communities which Your Community Health serves
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to build strong networks, develop relationships and engage community partners to achieve outcomes
- An expressed interest in holding office bearer roles
- A background in strategic management or corporate governance would be highly regarded but is not essential.
Applications close on Friday, 31 August 2018.
About the Organisation
Your Community Health is a not-for-profit company limited by guarantee. Our purpose is to enable health, wellbeing and dignity for all people in northern Melbourne by providing responsive and accessible services. We recognise good health is more than the absence of disease and requires a whole of community approach to address social, environmental and economic inequalities.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : (03) 9403 1225
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email an expression of interest and CV to Kat Dowton, Executive Assistant to the CEO at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Board Director via Pro Bono Australia.