About the Role
- Full- time position
- Melton Location and regular travel to Werribee Office
This position will play a key role in ensuring that service provision by Child FIRST is culturally responsive to Aboriginal families. You will also be involved in undertaking Assessments of families referred to VACCA and in formulating relevant and effective service plans. Community education and networking responsibilities are also important components of the job.
To be considered for this role you must demonstrate:
- A sound knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal culture and values and a proven ability to effectively communicate with Aboriginal people.
- An understanding of Family Support Services and different models of intervention
- Knowledge and understanding of Intake processes and assessment of risk.
- Ability to liaise with government and non-government agencies.
- Ability to advocate on behalf of children and families.
- Proven experience in case management tasks, such as assessments, referrals, case planning and case closure.
About the Organisation
Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) operates within the context that Aboriginal children continue to be significantly over-represented in the protection and care system within Victoria. VACCA considers that it has the responsibility and the opportunity to promote, advocate for and achieve positive changes in the lives of Aboriginal children, their families and the broader Aboriginal community.
If you like to be part of an Organization that strives in strengthening the safety and wellbeing and cultural connectedness of Aboriginal children, individuals and families in their community, we want to hear from you
Apply for this Job
Application deadline is Sunday, 19 August 2018
For more information regarding your exciting future with VACCA, please contact Bavi Rai at 9287 8835
For a copy of the position description and to apply for this position, visit http://vacca.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies/
Applications must include:
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply
Please quote in application: Child FIRST Aboriginal Liaison Worker via Pro Bono Australia.