About the Role
The successful candidate will have a background within a Not-for-Profit, preferably with experience in financial hardship / dealing with vulnerable Customers.
You bring a real desire in making a difference to the lives of people experiencing financial difficulty. You have attention to detail, outstanding customer service with both internal and external customers and an ability to engage effectively with people from all walks of life.
- Provide assistance options to borrowers whose life event has impacted their ability to meet their payment obligations to creditors
- Work towards individual and team Key Performance Indicators/targets – while still tailoring solutions for customers
- Deliver a balanced client experience through ownership of the relationship, excellent service quality, timely resolution of issues
- Encouraging customer centric behaviour amongst the team
- Maintain customer records in a professional and accurate manner
- Assess and provide assistance solutions to customers experiencing financial difficulty
- Have respectful conversations with customers that are both acknowledging and non- judgemental
- Differentiate different scenarios and work with customers on assistance they may require
- Develop payment options which are holistic, achievable and communicated clearly
- Be the conduit between the client and various creditors or community groups
- Identify opportunities in processes and procedures to improve the overall experience for our customers and team
- Seek to identify opportunities to improve personal performance/contribution
- Help people build longer-term capability, manage their money better and make informed choices
What you’ll need to succeed
- A good sense of social justice principles
- Demonstrated experience within a similar role
- Evidence of networking and familiarity with relevant community organisations
- Excellent problem solving skills with ability to investigate issues thoroughly, and provide sound recommendations
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- The ability to work with sensitive issues showing diplomacy and discretion
- Proven skills in delivering great customer service
- Excellent customer service skills, portraying strong empathy
- Ability to adapt to change
- Willingness to take ownership and motivated to exceed expectations
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under conflicting time pressures
- Compassionate and non-judgmental.
- Ability to develop a platform of trust and respect
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements and legislation
About the Organisation
The NFP has been created by the Australian Banking Association with the backing of four major banks and leading consumer and community organisations. The objective of this start-up is to support people with financial difficulty, relieving stress and helping them to return to financial stability.
The NFP is still in its infancy and requires a passionate and hands-on candidate who performs best in a challenging but rewarding environment. A fantastic opportunity to shape, nurture and grow a start-up that will provide a positive impact on society.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 0430538081
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Client Associate via Pro Bono Australia.