About the Role
From 1 July 2016 to 30 June 2019, the disability service sector has been transitioning to full scheme National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) across Victoria. During this period, disability service organisations in Victoria will be undertaking substantial work to ensure this transition is as seamless as possible.
The Victorian State Government has provided funding to NDS in Victoria through the Transition Support Package, to support the sector to effectively transition to the NDIS. NDS’ Sector Transition Project is delivering a suite of information and capacity building activities across Victoria to support the NDIS readiness and transition of current and future service providers.
This role will support the Stakeholder Communications Manager effectively communicate the broad range of NDS Sector Transition activities available to our sector. NDS utilises a variety of print and digital channels for our communications including a podcasts series, video webinars, a monthly newsletter, a Twitter account, printed collateral and member updates.
Key roles and responsibilities:
- In consultation with the Stakeholder Communications Manager plan, develop and implement branded email communications and invitations to events
- Write and edit copy for NDS Victoria’s monthly bulletin
- Write copy for marketing and promotional material such as brochures and flyers.
- Assist the Stakeholder Communications Manager with brand development and implementation as additional campaigns to support the wider team’s activities are developed.
- Order printed marketing collateral as required
- Create online communications using the NDS CRM platform, coordinating layout approvals and scheduling distribution with national communications
- Create, maintain and analyse marketing lists using the NDS CRM
- Proactively identify and upload content for NDS Victoria’s social media channels including Twitter
- Report on the performance statistics from electronic communication through the CRM and Twitter
- Supporting NDS at a national level with occasional communication tasks as required.
- Support the creation of accessible documents
- Other duties as directed
- Degree qualified in either communications, public relations, marketing or journalism.
- Experience in producing effective, engaging copywriting for digital and/or print channels.
- Experience following a strategic communications and/or marketing plan to support the promotion of scheduled activities or initiatives
- Strong written communication skills including researching, writing, editing and proofreading in various forms of media including print, online and social media
- Demonstrated attention to detail, with strong focus on quality output
- Proficient spoken and written English with excellent spelling and grammar.
- Computer literacy, including Microsoft Office
- Experience in, or an understanding of social media for business use.
- Experience of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software systems, preferably MicrosoftDynamics
- Experience producing video content or other digital stories
About the Organisation
NDS is the national industry association for disability services, representing approximately 1,100 non-government service providers. Collectively, our members operate several thousand services for Australians with all types of disability. NDS’s members range in size from small support groups to large multi-service organisations, and are located in every State and Territory across Australia. NDS promotes the full inclusion of people with disability and this commitment is outlined in our Disability Action Plan (DAP).
Apply for this Job
Interested applicants should send a cover letter relating their experience to each of the Key Attributes, together with their resume, to:
Human Resources Manager
Ph: (02) 9256 3104
Fax: (02) 9256 3123
Closing date is 19 August
NDS is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people with disability.
Please quote in application: Communications Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.