About the Role
- Two positions available
- Full time, fixed term for 2 years
- Based across Carlton and Braybrook or Carlton and Collingwood
We care about the whole person and place people at the center of everything we do through:
Inquiry and innovation: we are curious and inquisitive and think outside of the box; research and evidence underpin our work.
Respect: we treat all people with respect and dignity.
Courage: we are focused on doing our best, trying new things and speaking up for what is right.
Social equity: we are committed to fairness and equality, making sure rights are foremost in our thoughts and actions, and making sure no one is left behind.
We’re delighted that you’re taking an interest in working for cohealth. We’re extremely proud to be part of such an amazing organisation. We have two opportunities to work with a great team of people and be supported in a caring, family friendly environment. Along with benefits including;
- Generous Not for Profit “Salary Sacrificing” packaging options which can significantly increase the value of take-home pay;
- An opportunity to contribute to the care and quality of life for our clients;
- Role diversity and internal career progression opportunities
These roles are suited to applicants who are passionate about working in a rewarding field. You must be adaptable, capable of dealing with change and enjoy working within a team environment.
As a member of the Integrated Family Services team, you will work in partnership with children, young people and families toward developing a care plan to achieve mutual goals to reduce any risks posed to children and young people’s safety and wellbeing. As our Family Services worker will be required to:
- Address protective concerns and enhance family functioning whilst ensuring the safety and wellbeing of the child/children, young people and family members effective care planning, case practice and ongoing assessment and liaison;
- Manage clinical risk according to the “Best Interests” framework;
- Liaise and, where necessary, consult with Community Based Child Protection Practitioner (CBCPP);
- Liaise effectively with the Western or North Eastern Integrated Family Services Alliance in support of a productive partnership model; and
- This role may also require intake and assessment/holding work within the Child FIRST team as directed.
Ideally you will have previous experience within a similar position where you have worked with women and children from diverse cultural backgrounds, whom may have been impacted by domestic violence or trauma. To be considered for these opportunities you will possess:
- A curious and positive approach to your work life, continuously striving to contribute to the growth and development of cohealth as a provider of choice;
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Social Work with eligibility to membership of AASW;
- Proven capacities to work effectively with women impacted by family violence and their children;
- Demonstrated understanding of legislations that relate to child safety, Victorian Child Protection systems and Case Practice framework; and
- Experience developing goal directed approach to care planning via a Child and Family Action plan and review within specific timelines.
If you’re an experienced Social Worker who is committed to providing high standards of service delivery and passionate about working within community services, then we would love to hear from you.
About the Organisation
For more information about cohealth and the services provided, please visit our website: www.cohealth.org.au
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Family Services Workers via Pro Bono Australia.