About the Role
As Fundraising Coordinator, you will be a key part of Dymocks Children’s Charities fundraising activities. Working from the Dymocks Building on George Street in the heart of Sydney’s CBD, you will be a strong advocate for the Dymocks Children’s Charities mission and foster a wide network of current and potential supporters. Reporting to the Fundraising Manager, your portfolio will include the following:
As a Fundraising Coordinator working 23 hours per week you will be a key part of Dymocks Children’s Charities fundraising activities. Working from the Dymocks Building on George Street in the heart of Sydney’s CBD, you will be a strong advocate for the Dymocks Children’s Charities mission and foster a wide network of current and potential supporters. Reporting to the Fundraising Manager, your portfolio will focus on securing income primarily from Trusts and Foundations. Your role will include:
- Identifying and developing your own pipeline of grant prospects and eligible schools
- Develop effective grants applications tailored to the interest of each trust and foundation
- Cultivating strong relationships with trust and foundations partners to maximise grant success and to deliver against fundraising target
- Co-ordinating the grant acquittal process, in conjunction with Dymocks Children’s Charities Program team
- Being an Ambassador for Dymocks Children’s Charities in all your interactions
- Assisting with other fundraising areas outside your portfolio as required
- Building and maintain relationships with schools in all states and territories throughout the country
The Successful Applicant
- Fundraising experience preferred but not essential
- If no fundraising experience, then working in a targeted sales environment an advantage
- Personal or professional experience working with schools an advantage
- A self-starter with a ‘can-do’ attitude and a strong attention to detail is essential
- Strong copywriting and research skills
- Good numerical skills, including data analysis and campaign reporting
- Ability to multitask, coordinate various projects and meet tight deadlines
- Advanced skills with the suite of Microsoft Office applications, especially MS Excel
- Ability to work independently and as part of a focussed team to achieve financial targets
- Passionate about literacy and helping kids in need
What’s on offer
- Competitive package including PBI salary packaging, super, and performance bonus
- 23 hours per week, specific days are flexible (can be worked over 3, 4 or 5 days)
- Lots of scope to positively change kids’ lives – one book at a time!
For a confidential discussion about this role please call (02) 9224 0416.
About the Organisation
Dymocks Children's Charities is an Australian not-for-profit (NFP) organisation. We provide high quality books to schools, education providers and partners in priority areas, in order to improve children's literacy outcomes.
Through our unique literacy support programs such as Book Bank, Duck Library and Library Regenerations, we cultivate and inspire a love for books and reading in children from an early age. Our purpose is to change kids' lives – one book at a time!
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : (02) 9224 0475
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Fundraising Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.