About the Role
Reporting to the Head of Fundraising, this role is integral to the care of both our donors and our customers through the effective stewardship and reporting on the use of our philanthropic funds.
The Impact Manager is responsible for making sure we invest our supporters’ donations and bequests for the purposes they were given, for the greatest impact on our customers’ lives; reporting on that impact; and recognising our supporters for their valued contributions.
Specifically, the Impact Manager is responsible for:
- the maintenance and integrity of the philanthropic funds register, especially ensuring all specific purpose and donor directed funds are recorded appropriately and used for their intended purposes;
- informing colleagues about the appropriate use of philanthropic funds and the amount of funding available for each purpose;
- assisting with the process of applying for funding for projects;
- tracking approved projects, ensuring they are evaluated and reporting on them and their impact to provide exceptional care for our supporters and to meet our fiduciary obligations; and making sure all supporters are appropriately acknowledged and recognised upon completion of projects.
You have proven and successful experience in a similar role, in a university or research institute and perhaps also in a grant funding organisation. You will have a track record of effectively managing and reporting on grant funding and working with a diverse and complex group of stakeholders. You are passionate about philanthropy and feel strongly about providing a rewarding experience for donors. With well-developed interpersonal and communication skills you will work collaboratively to deliver results for the immediate and long-term goals of UnitingCare.
You will have:
- A high degree of competence in Microsoft Office including advanced Excel skills
- Demonstrated experience in the use of database systems. Salesforce experience would be desirable.
- Experience with project evaluation and translation.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent priority-setting, planning and time-management skills with the ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to use negotiation and collaboration skills to deliver outcomes.
This position will offer you the opportunity to impact the exciting new direction for UnitingCare and all of our customers across our services in Queensland and the Northern Territory. You will help drive impact and innovation and make a difference that will improve the lives of our customers and take our organisation into the future. You will be rewarded with empowering career opportunities and a competitive remuneration package.
UnitingCare offer a variety of benefits including a values-based work environment, discounted products and services, attractive salary packaging, career development and lifestyle benefits.
About the Organisation
- Make a difference in the lives of 500,000 people and their families every year
- Bring your grant management experience to a dynamic team working across iconic brands
- Key role in stewarding and investing philanthropic funds in impactful projects
People helping people
It’s at the heart of everything we do, and has been for over 100 years.
And while each of our 400 locations offers unique challenges and rewards, our 17,000 staff and 9,000 volunteers are all united by a single goal – to help improve the lives of people in communities across Queensland.
We’re looking for a passionate person who shares our values, and is driven to make a real difference in the lives of those who need it most – including the elderly, people with disabilities, children, families and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples – across all of our iconic organisations including:
- Blue Care
- The Wesley Hospital
- St Andrew’s War Memorial Hospital
- Buderim Private Hospital
- St Stephen’s Hospital
- Australian Rural and Remote Community Service
- and UnitingCare Queensland’s our child and family services throughout Queensland
Our Impact Manager is a critical role responsible for the stewardship of our philanthropic funds, making sure our supporters’ donations and bequests are invested in projects that have the greatest impact on our customers’ lives.
We’ll take care of you too.
Our people mean the world to us, and we do everything we can to ensure they enjoy opportunities and benefits that are as inspiring and rewarding as the fantastic work they do every day.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Impact Manager via Pro Bono Australia.