About the Role
About the Role:
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the primary responsibility of the Manager, Media and Communications is to assist in the efficient delivery of Painaustralia marketing and communications activities. This hands-on role includes taking a proactive role to managing all communications and media activities for the organisation – media releases, newsletter, website, social media, etc.
This is truly an exceptional opportunity for the right individual to further develop their career and make their mark in a progressive peak body.
The Media and Communications Manager is responsible for developing, managing and delivering on all key communications activities of the organisation. The Manager is responsible for overseeing all aspects of Painaustralia’s communications, education and information, public affairs and marketing programs and services.
- Provide strategic and tactical direction in areas such as marketing, communications, public affairs, social media and information
- Collaborate with the CEO to undertake public relations and media liaison duties
- Develop and manage the communications and marketing plan to support Painaustralia’s objectives
- Develop Painaustralia’s profile and understanding of pain management issues with key media outlets and journalists
- Manage and maintain Painaustralia’s social media platforms website and online communities
- Develop and deliver a range of communication
- Oversee the development, design and production of all Painaustralia online and print publications
- Coordinate the release of major publications and reports and manage public relations events
- Represent Painaustralia at national forums and relevant working groups
- Provide other duties as agreed with the CEO or as the Board may determine from time to time.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Degree in communications, marketing or related field and / or 5+ years of experience in marketing and communications requiring creativity, initiative and independent work
- Demonstrated expertise in national media or political campaigns
- Demonstrated knowledge of the health sector and understanding of the challenges for people living with chronic conditions, or the capacity to develop that knowledge base and understanding
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organisation skills and ability to work well and deliver under pressure
- Ability to work as part of a small team and oversee strategic communications
- Understanding of, and ability to, maintain and manage websites as well as social media platforms
Working as part of Painaustralia you will enjoy a values-based organisation with benefits including:
- Friendly values-based working environment
- Generous salary packaging options
- Exciting career path
- Flexible working arrangements
Conditions of Employment
This role is a part time position located in Painaustralia’s Canberra office. The role will have a three-month probationary period.
About the Organisation
Painaustralia is the national peak body working to improve the quality of life of people living with pain, their families and carers, and to minimise the social and economic burden of pain.
Painaustralia represents the interests of a broad membership that includes health, medical, research and consumer organisations.
Established in 2011, our focus is to work with governments, health professional and consumer bodies, funders, educational and research institutions, to facilitate implementation of the National Pain Strategy Australia-wide.
A base part time salary commensurate to skills and experience will be negotiated with the successful candidate. You will have access to attractive salary packaging benefits.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : +61423341017
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Media and Communications Manager via Pro Bono Australia.