About the Role
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
Bush Heritage Australia are looking to appoint a newly created position of National People & Safety Manager, which will sit in and lead a newly created People & Safety team. This team will integrate the three currently separate portfolio areas of People & Organisation Development (HR), Health, Safety & Environment (HS&E) and Volunteering. This new team will be part of Corporate Services, under the responsibility of the Executive Manager Corporate Services.
The National People & Safety Manager will be responsible for the integrated design and delivery of all resources that support Bush Heritage staff and volunteers to be empowered, capable, resilient and safe in their work. This role will add visible leadership and contribution throughout the organisation across all people-related matters. There will be five roles in the team, including the new Manager position, across the HR & OD, Volunteer and HS&E remits.
- Work with the Executive team to support and strengthen a positive culture and senior leadership presence across Bush Heritage.
- Lead and manage the People & Safety team to promote a culture of learning and development across the organization.
- Promote an employee-oriented company culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, key employee retention and development, and high performance across HR, OD, HSE and Volunteering.
- Review and improve HR Information Systems and ensure efficiency in supporting procedures, including in employee records management, payroll and recruitment.
- Ensure HR services are compliant with Employee Relations & OHS standards.
- Design and develop HR processes and policies to support strategic objectives.
- Develop talent pipelines, design, and deliver an integrated program of frameworks, policies, processes and systems to support outstanding organisational and individual capability and career development for Bush Heritage people.
- Contribute to organisational strategy as it relies on people strategy, organisational design and culture and employee engagement.
- Partner with the HSE Program Manager, to monitor, develop and foster Bush Heritage’s safety systems, practices and attitudes
- Collaborate with the Volunteer Program Coordinator, to recognise and respond to the unique engagement opportunities and integrated program requirements of a growing base of extraordinary volunteers around Australia.
- Ensure appropriate and fair conditions and support for all Bush Heritage employees and volunteers, whether working in cities or in rural and remote Australia, fostering a positive and engaged organisation.
- Provide strategic HR and Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) leadership and advice.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or specialist Post Graduate qualifications in HR and Organisational Development.
- Experience in leading and managing HR and Organisational Development teams.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience in developing and implementing relevant and diverse strategic frameworks, policies, systems and approaches that contribute to organisation-wide outcomes.
- Excellent communication skills, with proven ability to influence and negotiate at a senior organisational level and to build respectful relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Exceptional change management capability.
- Strong leadership presence with the ability to develop and inspire others, collaboratively reach decisions and create a culture of leadership and ongoing professional development.
- Deep, contemporary subject matter expertise in people and organisational practices.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience in interpreting state and federal HR and OH&S legislative Acts and Regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects to deliver specified outcomes within agreed deadlines and budgets, with the ability to monitor and analyse programs to improve performance.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate in written and oral forms, in an engaging manner to a range of audiences.
If you would like to lead a small team of committed professionals and can visibly lead the development of Bush Heritage’s people capability across the country, then this is the role for you.
About the Organisation
Bush Heritage Australia is one of Australia's largest and most effective conservation organisations, helping to safeguard 8.86 million hectares of land across its reserves and its partners' lands. Bush Heritage works across 19 priority landscapes and owns around 1.2 million hectares of reserves. In addition, Bush Heritage partners with Aboriginal and agricultural landowners to achieve conservation outcomes.
Established in 1991, Bush Heritage has around 40,000 supporters Australia wide and an annual operating budget of over $20 million. Bush Heritage is primarily funded by donations from individuals and philanthropic sources. In pursuing its mission, Bush Heritage engages staff and volunteers across all the States and mainland Territories of Australia.
Apply for this Job
Should you wish to be considered for the role, please apply online quoting reference 2788067.
Please quote in application: National People & Safety Manager via Pro Bono Australia.