About the role
- Part Time Position
- Coburg & Preston Location
About the role
The Night Supervisor will oversee the night time operations of the Therapeutic Residential Care Program and will provide supervision, support, coaching and mentoring to a team of Night Residential Care Workers that ensures high quality, therapeutic focused and culturally appropriate care for Clients.
In this roe you will ensure that Overnight Safety Plans are adhered to, and will provide telephone support and advice to Night Residential Care Staff which will include on-site responses to manage client needs and coordinate responses to critical incidents and/or concerning client behaviour.
To be considered for this role you must demonstrate:
- Sound knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal culture and values, and the ability to effectively communicate with Aboriginal Children and Families
- A proven ability to work with Aboriginal Children with a range of complex and diverse needs, and a proven ability to contribute to the emotional, physical, physiological and cultural development of Aboriginal Children.
- A proven ability to respond therapeutically to Aboriginal Children’s pain-based behaviours indicating an understanding of the impact of trauma and disrupted attachment on Children.
- A minimum Diploma Level Qualification relevant to the Out of Home Care Sector.
- A minimum of 3 years-experience in the Out of Home Care Sector and demonstrated experience in Management role/s.
About the organisation
Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) operates within the context that Aboriginal children continue to be significantly over-represented in the protection and care system within Victoria. VACCA considers that it has the responsibility and the opportunity to promote, advocate for and achieve positive changes in the lives of Aboriginal children, their families and the broader Aboriginal community.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Night Supervisor - Therapeutic Residential Care Program via Pro Bono Australia.