About the Role
The Australian Communications Consumer Action network (ACCAN) has an exciting new role for a project officer to work with our project team implementing a nationwide disability telecommunications information and referral service. The service will provide up-to-date, independent and appropriate information and referrals for both mainstream and assistive communications products and services suitable for people with disability. We are looking for an experienced project officer to work across a range of activities as an integral member of the project team.
You should have relevant tertiary qualifications or equivalent experience in a project officer role.
Essential Skills for position:
- Previous experience in project delivery as a project officer
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills
- Good analytical and research skills
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team and lead projects
- Capacity to work independently with minimal supervision
- Proficiency in information and communications technology
- Familiarity with project management tools and methodologies
Desired Skills for position:
- Knowledge of and experience of working in the community sector
- A sound grasp of accessibility in the communications industry or the capacity to quickly acquire this knowledge
- Demonstrated understanding of the needs of people with disabilities
- Ability to produce accessible documents including plain language and easy English documents
Benefits & Remuneration:
Salary is negotiable depending on your experience and qualifications. Please contact ACCAN Director of Inclusion for more details. In support of a work/life balance, benefits such as flexible working arrangements may also be negotiated to meet your personal circumstances.
A position description, including selection criteria, can be obtained from our website at www.accan.org.au/jobs
ACCAN is an EEO employer: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, persons with disabilities and people from culturally, linguistically and religiously diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
About the Organisation
ACCAN is a not-for-profit organisation and Australia’s peak body representing the interests of all consumers in communications issues. ACCAN is an important voice promoting accessible, affordable and available communications services that enhance the lives of consumers.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 02-9288-4000
Email : email@example.com
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Project Officer (2 year contract, full time) via Pro Bono Australia.